Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

EA_CIRE Says Goodbye

C&C hasn't done well in a long time and EA itself has had better times financially, and with the next-gen consoles coming out soon I imagine they're going to focus their resources on franchises and genres which are attractive on all platforms -- not just PC. That's just how I see it.

Edited by CyborgBanana
  • Upvote 2

This basically means "I'm trying to look like I know something."

We don't need any high horses in here. You're just a forum moderator, not the go to guy on what should and shouldn't be said to the public. If you know something, spill it or keep the fact that you know it to yourself, instead of giving false hope to people that "the real answer is out there, it just doesn't need to be explained."

Some stuff is best left unsaid. The moderator team gets a lot of information and some of it is best left away from public view. Not being a High horse at all just saying some stuff simply cannot be said but will eventually surface just not from myself.

ZeeHyponist, do not attempt to control what I say cause you can't. You got no control over me. I have integrity to consider and nobody within the C&C community can force me to spill anything.

• Downvote 1

ZeeHyponist, do not attempt to control what I say cause you can't. You got no control over me. I have integrity to consider and nobody within the C&C community can force me to spill anything.

CNC_Tethis, firstly we can control what you say here, if you break the rules. And don't worry no one is trying force anything from you, we don't care what you know. If it makes you feel better, we've known plenty stuff over the years but kept it all quiet.

Now I'd like to see this thread kept on topic.

Guest Rabbit

Some stuff is best left unsaid. The moderator team gets a lot of information and some of it is best left away from public view. Not being a High horse at all just saying some stuff simply cannot be said but will eventually surface just not from myself.

I'm not telling you what you can and can't say. I'm saying that out of respect to everyone out there who wants to know the truth, don't act like you have information that you can't reveal on your own integrity. All it is doing is making you look like you have something to hide.

Sure, there's stuff that doesn't come out to the public eye. But if that's the case, you don't need to go announcing that information, because it does nothing but stir the pot. I'm sure all the staff at EA know information that shouldn't be released to the public, but they're not going around saying "sorry, we really shouldn't talk about it." They're just keeping their mouths shut, which is exactly what you should do, unless you want to make people more aggravated.

Again, I'm not forcing you to spill any information. I'm just saying, if you know something, keep it to yourself. Integrity isn't showing off that you know information that should be kept secret. Integrity would be keeping the fact that you know any information to yourself. Have some respect for the other members of the community.

Like Sonic said, our staff gets lot of information too. All the staff does, hell, anyone with an NDA does. But the idea behind secrecy is not leading on that you have any inside information. Doing so is just rubbing it in someone's face. Like I said, you're just a moderator. If anyone should be hinting either way, that's the responsibility of someone at EA. In Cire's letter, he mentioned that it's not the true story, but he has every right to do so since he was actually required to publish a false letter and I'm sure he has specific rules of what he can and can't say.

Side note, I absolutely agree with many of the other points you're trying to make. I really do. I just think it kind of ruins the point of not saying something if you're saying you know something and aren't going to say it.

Again, I wasn't more or less rubbing anything in cause I know something more. I stopped myself from saying anything more before I got too carried away. As you know some stuff is hard to confirm or is rather redundant.

Not trying to stir the pot I just stopped myself and everyone in my position who gets carried away writing responses is guilty of it.