Sign in to follow this  
Hair

HELP: Getting Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge to Work on Netbook (Using First Decade files)

Good day everyone,

So I am trying to get Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge to work on a Netbook, but it is failing miserably. Because the netbook has no disc drive, I had to copy the files (data from The First Decade) themselves onto the computer. The game will load up, but then ask for the disc to be inserted (obviously impossible). I decided that maybe I could use the "tfd-103-rev4" patch to by pass the need for a disc, but I get the message: "cannot install this program, a required file is missing."

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the game to run on the netbook, please help me. I really appreciate any help possible. I'm trying to get the netbook working so that I can play a friend in Yuri's Revenge via LAN.

Thank you for your time.

Ehhh, you can't just copy files like that and expect it to work. You're missing registry files with this.

Not to mention, system-registered dll files and such.

The best thing to do is get an unedited ISO, put it on your machine, install the game and go... or get TUC on Origin and just download RA2 and YR.

All you need then is NoCD crack. For obvious reason i won't write down where you can find a reasonable file, but if you wish to i can send you PM with details.

OR you keep mounting your ISO :P