Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Causey

Play in Windows 98

Ok so my internet is rather slow, so downloading the ISO's is a very time intensive task, right now I'm renting so I have no control over the speed, but suffice to say my normal download speed is about 50KB/s, but I have the ultimate edition of TS already installed on my Win 8 box but I want to enjoy it in its original glory on 98, anyway to copy the game to 98 and get it work

You can't just copy the files from one computer to another and expect them to work. You will need clean install (and patch them) from some original media. Installing from ISO's will also work.

If you install Origin on your Win 98 system and login there it will show your Orgin library and allow you to download and install any game you own to that computer.

You can't just copy the files from one computer to another and expect them to work. You will need clean install (and patch them) from some original media. Installing from ISO's will also work

Actually, TS might be done that way. If you recall, the freeware release from 2010 was distributed in that exact same way, with a file that would create the necessary registry files to make the game run as it should. It would only work if you placed the game in the EXACT directory as you would have it in if you installed the TFD in its default directory.

The TUC version is based on TFD 1.01 (if I'm not mistaken, Nyer?), so I think one can edit the registry creation file to assign everything to the directory of your choosing in Notepad. Phillip, can you tell me which folder do you want to copy TS to so I can send you the modified .reg file?

I'd be placing it in C:\Program Files\Westwood\Sun just like it originally went lol, its where RA1 and CnC gold are installed, my disks for those still work, but my TS disk broke at some point :(

Really, if you insist on going back to the 90's, you should just install, patch and play the game like it was done back then :rolleyes: