Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

Help with load screens and RequiredStatus

So after seeing that I can't get help for the Firehawk thing I decided to keep up with the questions that I hold for almost 4 months.... I just love to do stuff one by one which is why I waited so long for the older thread to reach to conclusion before opening new one (The firehwak thing is still relevant if someone want to help, just go to the older thread)

1. I want to make multiple load screen images (not simply to replace the old one with new file), the problem is that simply making new Texture xml with ID won't be sufficient as the "PlayerTemplate.ini" won't recognize it

I done something similar before with the loading music for each faction, simply adding AudioFile xml and changing the "TEMP_RAM_Music360_LoadScreen" in the PlayerTemplate.ini to the audio's ID didn't worked, so I had to make AudioFile xml and AudioEvent

like this for example:

<AudioFile GUIPreset="Default" File="AUDIO:Sounds/Loading/GDI loading.wav" PCCompression="XAS" id="GDI_Load"/>

and then a AudioEvent that goes like that:

<AudioEvent id="GDI_Load_M" Volume="50%"

Priority="CRITICAL" Control="FADE_ON_KILL"

DryLevel="100%" SubmixSlider="MUSIC">

<PitchShift Low="-1" High="1"/>

<VolumeSliderMultiplier Slider="NONE" Multiplier="1"/>

<Sound>GDI_Load</Sound>

</AudioEvent>

and then simply added the "GDI_Load_M" to the PlayerTemplate.ini

in other words I had to make id that use id, or event that uses that id? (not sure myself)

but anyway this is probably what I need to do in order to make the PlayerTemplate.ini to detect the texture id I added to the game

I don't sure how to make such xml (or if it the right way to begin with...), I tried to look for the "MP LOAD" xml or the xml that use it in order to figure out what xml/event to make that will be based on it, but didn't had a luck.. ea hide it well, I assume it will be in some apt or menu relate xml but didn't found it

So here the question... does anyone knows how can I make new image id that the game will detect so I can use it in the load images (and again without simply replacing the current one with new file)

2. I wanted to make 2 OCL_Spawn situations in which the dead units will spawn something Only when a certain Status is met

I want to make the inf squads to spawn Viceroid when they die Only from tibirum related death, and to make the Redemption support power to spawn cyborgs to any Human inf in the game (not just nod)

I done all what need to be done, but had issue with one thing, the RequiredStatus I set not detect in the game,

example the Redemption Attribute need RequiredStatus PARACHUTING, and EA seem to coded it to not work with any solider in the game so I had to make new RequiredStatus which was PARACHUTING2

the game simply ignore it and spawn the units when any normal death occur... just like the case with the load image I assume I need to add sort of xml with ID for the RequiredStatus I want?

So here the question... how I add new RequiredStatus to the game

3. I couldn't resist but asking, the PlayerTemplate.ini seem to have "SideIconImage" in it

does it mean that it hold the option to add faction's icon to the skirmish menu just like RA3 does (next to the Faction's name)? :))))))

If it does... then how can I use it? does it also relate to the image id like the cause with the load screen?

Thanks

Edited by Egozi44

1. Loadscreen images are set in the aptui, but there's no real editor for it.

2. Rather use a status like USER_X.

3. It is used in the score screens, with a aptui editor one could add it to the skirmish menu too.

1. So wait, there's no way to get the xml for it? I know where the image are, I don't know how to set additional one

Is there way to make id that the game will detect?

2. I prefer the status, I want to know how to make one (while I did used "USER_X" in the past for skins and upgrades I don't sure how to use it for this case)

Can you please tell me what I need to do in order to make on?

3. Really? can you tell me how? : O

You are basicly confusing status with modelconditionstates.

Required status needs a status thats defined in the ObjectStatusBitFlags, those are for a large part not the same as modelconditionstateflags.

You can find those both lists in Objectstatus.xml and Modelstate.xml in the wrathed \Tools\Games\Kane's Wrath\Includes\ folders

Have a look at the schematics now and again will help you to understand what you can and can not do with the game. It is tedious work but we all had to go there when simple xml writing wasnt enough anymore.

In theory (depending on what you are trying to do) you can add new statusbits to those lists, altho at times its better to use a pre existing one.

Aptui files are basicly coordinate files, they hold grid location for every ui element on screen and link art to those grid positions, in theory you can alter them, you just need a working editor for them. i know of none, and i am verry unfamiliar with them aswell. Havent touched that stuff indept yet.

you might also be better of just using a deathtype in a weapon + createdie spawn for the viceroids.

for the redemption power :

find the redemption trigger weapon and in the object filter change ANY to ALL, then you need to add the

<OnDeathBehavior
RequiredStatus="PARACHUTING">
<OCL>OCL_RedemptionSpawn</OCL>
</OnDeathBehavior>

to every infantry unit in hordecontain behavior, for none squad units like the commando or engineer you might have to do a createobjectdie module..maybe

Edited by Ravendark

After changing the ANY to ALL in the Redemption the Spawn seem to work thanks

Still test it though

For the status, I can't simply add the status I want in the ObjectStatus or use something that already exist to spawn the viceroids?

And I didn't really got the idea with the Aptui editor for the load screen image

for the icons... sure... I don't have a clue how to use one but I willing to try in order to make icon for each faction (hope it even works with KW's SDK... can Lauren confirmed it?)

But for the load Image, I already made load images based on the old load image which I extracted from the game

so aside from the faction icons, Can I make the game to use other images I made? Can't I simply add them like we add skins? they also count as texture right?

Edited by Egozi44

Aptui files are basicly coordinate files, they hold grid location for every ui element on screen and link art to those grid positions, in theory you can alter them, you just need a working editor for them. i know of none, and i am verry unfamiliar with them aswell. Havent touched that stuff indept yet.

They are a lot more than that. Esp the ActionScript part is a bit harder.

The most complete version of AptEd (though I was starting a new one to refactor it but hadn't had the energy to continue): https://github.com/Qibbi/AptEd.

Edited by Lauren

They are a lot more than that. Esp the ActionScript part is a bit harder.

The most complete version of AptEd (though I was starting a new one to refactor it but hadn't had the energy to continue): https://github.com/Qibbi/AptEd.

So how does the editor work? Do the files need to be placed in wrathed? the 2 apted.exe doesnt seem to work, the one in x86 just crashes for me and the one in bin opens the gui but i cant do anything in there? Or is it still a open project and not bound to work in its current version?

At the moment: not at all :P

It can read most of the files but there is no display/edit/save functionality. I actually messed up - the binary files shouldn't even be uploaded. I linked it more for you to maybe take a look at the source and see the data structures as it's not just simple coordinates..

So can someone answer my questions? ;)

Aside from the icons

The background for the loading screen can be replaced, I don't want to touch the other UI things that come with it JUST the image beneath the load bar

Can I add new images that the game will detect without to mess with Aptui editor????

I made the images with Photoshops to be identical to the older load image

so there's a way to add it to the game xmls?

And for for the status, can't I simply add the status I want in the ObjectStatus or use something that already exist to spawn the viceroids?

So can someone answer my questions? ;)

We allready did, you just don't like or don't want to understand the answer. because its a sucky and sad answer when it comes to ui editing.

1. Loadscreen images are set in the aptui, but there's no real editor for it.

2. Rather use a status like USER_X.

3. It is used in the score screens, with a aptui editor one could add it to the skirmish menu too.

Can I add new images that the game will detect without to mess with Aptui editor????

if you are not willing to alter the aptui files, you can only replace the existing image files.

And for for the status, can't I simply add the status I want in the ObjectStatus

yes probably, its a trial and error thing

or use something that already exist to spawn the viceroids?

yes probably, its a trial and error thing

At the moment: not at all :P

It can read most of the files but there is no display/edit/save functionality. I actually messed up - the binary files shouldn't even be uploaded. I linked it more for you to maybe take a look at the source and see the data structures as it's not just simple coordinates..

Figured asmuch, and yes i understand now the ammount of work it would/will take to customize the gui.

Edited by Ravendark

Well one could finish an editor in a few weeks, but rl stuff is preventing me from having the energy to do so, and probably no one but me will.

jonwils rudimentary apt2xml and xml2apt could work but it has a few flaws and bugs. Also you would have to script the action script stuff on a byte level.

Edited by Lauren

Thanks Ravendark and Lauren, I will try to test the status thing at least as I probably won't be able to do much to the ui without aptui editor

Lauren if you finish your tool one day could you please inform us?

I have some new unrelated questions that you may be able to answer me here without the need to open new thread (if you both don't mind that it)

I added the Mastadon to KW (credit to gdi_commando for making it) recently and had a few issues with it

1. for some reason the death animation don't show up (the GUVEHICLEL_DIEA_.w3x seem to crash the game on launch so I had to mix it with the "GUVEHICLEL_DIEA.w3x" but it don't seem to work)

I was able to cover it with cheap fx for now but if some of you know what the issue please tell me, the developer don't seem to respond in moddb so I can't contact him/her, you can get the files from here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-end-of-all-things/addons/mastadon-addon

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-end-of-all-things/addons/mastadon

if you wish to view them

2. there's any way to delay unit appearance when it first appear from the war factory?

the Mastadon appear too fast from the MARV facility and it make it look as if it just spawn on it rather can coming out from it

3. I really wanted to add to the Mastadon garrison option but the problem is that the shots (the infantries' shots) appears from it's legs rather then it's body

I always wondered how to change the position of the ammo fx, if it even possible, I looked at the Behemoth xml and tried some stuff but they all failed, what I need to change in order to move the infantries' shots positions a bit higher so they will look as if they shooting from within the body rather then the legs?

Thanks

Edited by Egozi44

1. at frst glance i don't see a issue with the code, otoh im still unable to mod Kw at this time so i cant test it.

2. You can give a exit delay in the warfactory's QueueProductionExitUpdate, it will delay the unit from moving out by the set amount of time. you might also try to use the ProductionTimeDelayScalar in the productionupdate, altho not sure how that will handle.

3 you need to specify a garrison bone, if you dont it will default to the roottransformbone, wich usually is somewhere in the center of the model.

1. I see... it coded to work with KW so I wonder what give the issue...

2. I'm aware of the QueueProductionExitUpdate thanks to me messing with the mutant hovel, but by doing so isn't it going to make All of the units to get delay? I want only for the Mastadon to get delay, like the Redeemer, what the redeemer animation use in order to get out with delay? I didn't found it in it's xml and I assume it animation and not delay (which I assume that I can't use for the Mastadon ;( )

I never used the ProductionTimeDelayScalar in the productionupdate, can I add it to single unit to make delay?

3. umm like what I had to take from the redeemer back then for the blue laser thing

Assume that I can't make new one to the game I need to take something that already exist, and the best bet will be the Behemoth, but I don't see something that I can recognize as garrison relate thing in it's xml (aside from BoneGarrison01 to BoneGarrison010 which I already tried and didn't changed a thing)

there's <PassengerData BonePrefix="BoneGarrison"> which I don't sure if I used (though I think it must be used in order for the inf to get garrison at all... but never pay attention), Will give it a shot but if you know what I need to take from the Behemoth please tell me

Thanks!

Edited by Egozi44

Well... everything I tried so far failed...

Any ideas? :0

Edited by Egozi44

Well I may give up on the delay thing because even with delay it look weird when the Mastadon come out from the marv's building

the Garrison thing however it something that I don't want to drop so easily, looking at the Behemoth and Juggernaut xmls I still didn't was able to find the thing that make the Behemoth's bunker shots from different height

any idea what I need to find there? the bones don't seem to be the only thing here...

<HordeTransportContain
                id="ModuleTag_Contain"
                ObjectStatusOfContained="UNSELECTABLE ENCLOSED CAN_ATTACK"
                ContainMax="1"
                Slots="1"
                AllowEnemiesInside="false"
                AllowAlliesInside="true"
                AllowNeutralInside="false"
                AllowOwnPlayerInsideOverride="true"
                ShowPips="true"
                EnterSound="VehicleEnter"
                ExitSound="VehicleExit"
                KillPassengersOnDeath="true">
                <PassengerFilter
                    Rule="ANY"
                    Include="INFANTRY" />
                <DieMuxData
                    DeathTypes="ALL" />
                <PassengerData
                    BonePrefix="BONEGARRISON">                            /*** this here needs to be a bone inside the model
                    <Filter
                        Rule="NONE"
                        Include="INFANTRY" />
                </PassengerData>
                <MemberTemplateStatusInfo
                    ThingTemplate="GDISniperSquad"
                    ObjectStatus="CAN_SPOT_FOR_BOMBARD" />
            </HordeTransportContain>

also you might need to specify the bones as public bones

ExtraPublicBone="FXWeapon BoneGarrison01 BoneGarrison02 BoneGarrison03 BoneGarrison04 BoneGarrison05 BoneGarrison06 BoneGarrison07 BoneGarrison08 BoneGarrison09 BoneGarrison10">

There is no point in using these bone id's if the model doesnt have the bones in its hierachy. Pick a bone that is somewhere in the model you are using, preferably more or less in the correct spot if you dont have acces to 3dmax to add new bones.

So as long as these Bones are not in the model's hierarchy they won't work?

But the real question for a noob like me is what is the "model" you speak of? the model 3d files? the model in the xml? there's s few things with the name model that relate to the unit so it confuse me (I assume it the W3DContainer:GUVehicleL_SKN model ?)

Where can I pick the bone from the model? I don't have 3Dmax but if it easy to do I don't mind reinstalling it since I used it once really long ago, but back then didn't knew how to use it

Edited by Egozi44

So as long as these Bones are not in the model's hierarchy they won't work?

yes, no point in referencing anything in a xml if it doesnt exist in the w3x file itself.

But the real question for a noob like me is what is the "model" you speak of? the model 3d files? the model in the xml? there's s few things with the name model that relate to the unit so it confuse me (I assume it the W3DContainer:GUVehicleL_SKN model ?)

yes the 3d model, the guvehiclel.w3x or thatever its called. You need to use one of the bones present in the model.

Where can I pick the bone from the model? I don't have 3Dmax but if it easy to do I don't mind reinstalling it since I used it once really long ago, but back then didn't knew how to use it

you can always open the w3x file with a xml editor or notepad+ or such thing, then you can browse through the content and see what bones are aviable.

Depending on how the model is setup you could prob find the bone names in either _SKN.w3x or _SKL.w3x files....it would prob look something like this :

<pivot name="thebonename">

a bunch of coordinates

</pivot>

from there its trial and error to find a bone(fire position) you can use. It is either that or add a new bone(s) through 3dsmax.

Edited by Ravendark

I see thanks

so let say I take the "<pivot name="thebonename">"

then do I need to add it to the BonePrefix?

BonePrefix="thebonename">

yes.

if the bone has multiple iterations, you define the bone without the numbers.

Like: Bone_01 Bone_02 Bone_03 Bone_04

becomes

BonePrefix="Bone_"

or

garrisonbone01 garrisonbone01 garrisonbone01 garrisonbone01

becomes

BonePrefix="garrisonbone"

cant remember if it needs to be in capitals or not, dont think so.

Ok I tried stuff and it worked

Now they shoot from different parts of it's body

The only strange thing so far is that the very first squad that enter the Mastodon will shoot from it's legs

Not from the ground but from a higher parts of the legs, which look cool and I can live with it, but if I want to get a bit more closer to perfection then I prefer to remove it

Is it possible to remove only one bone from the list?

I just tried a quick test yesterday and deleted "BONE_CONTACT_POINT_01" from the ExtraPublicBone (there are twelve "BONE_CONTACT_POINT_" at total) and right after it the people inside the Mastodon gone back to shooting from the ground again....

Do I need to try and delete the bone one by one or it lost case because that just how it works?

Edited by Egozi44

ok I got new issue

the Mastodon don't make sound when it move

since I never mess with a walker sound before I have no clue where to add it

I already chanced all the voice and movestart and the MoveLoop which seem unrelated to the legs

I assume that the AnimationSoundClientBehavior have the leg's sound but even after I changed it the Mastodon stay quite when it walk

what I need to do? the animation seem to set up right

Are you using existing sounds or adding new sounds with the mastedon?

Sorry for the late reply, I was able to fix it too days ago and forgot top repay xD

The only thing that truly left for me are to somehow make it "out of factory" animation reliable buy somehow delay it spawn, any mention I tried didn't worked and I even though about make the war factory to spawn game object that will spawn the mastodon but then I assume it won't show it's "coming out of factory" animation at all and also won't announce that it come out from the factory to everyone (since I made it as Epic unit)

because it will be "Spawn" and won't be build

Edited by Egozi44