davdav

Changing unit values in KW

So, I've downloaded WrathEd1.08Gamma which is the latest version of WrathEd I found on the internet. Thing is, I have no clue on how to use it - all I want is to change some basic things, like making all the Scrin units cost $0 credits. I thought it was going to be simple but I'm kind of lost around here, all I see are .big files with non self-explanatory data inside.

Do you guys have any hint? Thanks in advance =P

you should check the documentation folder inside the wrathed package.

I did, but I couldnt find anything about changing the values of units. Or maybe I'm just dumb enough.

So, I've downloaded WrathEd1.08Gamma which is the latest version of WrathEd I found on the internet. Thing is, I have no clue on how to use it - all I want is to change some basic things, like making all the Scrin units cost $0 credits. I thought it was going to be simple but I'm kind of lost around here, all I see are .big files with non self-explanatory data inside.

Do you guys have any hint? Thanks in advance =P

1. The latest version isnt always the best version. If im not mistaken 1.07 is still the most stable.

2. starting to mod at a expansion pack can sometimes be compared as jumping into the deep end of the pool...if you are a experienced swimmer that is fine, if you never did swim before you might want to start at the shallow end....meaning Tiberium Wars has a official released SDK with documentation on how to start modding...specificly minor stuff like changing values. WrathED is a COMMUNITY developed tool wich more or less builds on TW way of modding. This forum also holds a large FAQ section related to TW and KW modding, a good place to start as any.

3. You don't need a masters degree to mod TW/KW....having access to google will suffice...even with the decaying shelf life of the whole franchise, there are still numerous websites that house information on where to start or how to mod TW/KW.

http://cncguild.net/prelist?type=1

altho not completly the same but still valuable.....since TW/KW version of the sage engine is based of the one for BFME:

http://www.the3rdage.net/itemlist?type=1&level=1

well, as long as he just wants to change the basic stuff like buildcost and buildtime it shouldn't be a problem starting with KW.

@davdav

you have to open the 1.2.skudef file inside of your KW install directory with wrathed (Open Skudef), select static and you can see all xml files of the game.

you can change the filter to "GameObject", that way you can see gameobject.xml files only. those are the files where everything you need is located (buildcost, buildtime etc)

copy the content of a xml file viewed in WrathEd, create new xml file, paste it, edit it & save it.

check the sample mod to compare file structure..

Edited by Prodigy

K, thanks! I'm almost there, I just need one last thing, and any help is appreciated. To test this, I tried creating a modified AlienAssimilator which only costs 50 credits. I followed the samplemod structure to create my own mod, with just the needed files for the Scrin Assimilator. However it is not working! I compiled the mod using the Build Mod executable, and then I ran it using the WrathEd Mod Launcher, but the unit ingame (tried doing a skirmish game) isn't modified at all. The mod folder contains this two files:

Mod\Data\Static ---> here is the modified AlienAssimilator.xml file: http://puu.sh/lQrkw/8911b9f507.txt

Mod\Data ---> A static.xml file which contains this inside:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset">
<!-- Main Mod File for Static Data -->
<Includes>
<!-- Includes of the Mod's Static Data -->
<Include type="all" source="Static/AlienAssimilator.xml" />
</Includes>
</AssetDeclaration>
Edited by davdav

What version of kanes wrath are you running? Origin, steam, dvd retail, ultimate collection etc?

i know i have issues with the KW origin version, i think steam works normaly...but i can't say for sure.

the asset dump lines...basicly everything below

</AssetDeclaration>

doesnt need to be in the xml file.

Also in your /user/documents/wrathed/ folder should be a /logs/ folder...could you do a compile and check the latest log it outputs there to see if it reported any errors?

apart from that everything looks fine at a first glance.

Thanks for the feedback! I just deleted all the dump lines from the xml. Then I compiled it again and the log is showing this:

Call: "D:\My Documents\Downloads\WrathEd1.08Gamma\WrathEd1.08\Tools\WrathEd.exe" -gameDefinition:"Kane's Wrath" -compile:"D:\My Documents\Downloads\WrathEd1.08Gamma\WrathEd1.08\Mods\Scr\Data\Static.xml" -art:"..\Art" -audio:"..\Audio" -out:"D:\My Documents\Downloads\WrathEd1.08Gamma\WrathEd1.08\Compilation\Mods\Scr\Data" -version:"_mod" -bps:"static_common_2.manifest,D:\My Documents\Downloads\WrathEd1.08Gamma\WrathEd1.08\Game Files\Manifest\static_common_2.manifest" -lowlod:"static_mod.manifest"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[00:26:42.1377882] WrathEd exiting...
Sadly when testing it there are no changes in-game. Something's off somewhere, but I still dont know what! =P

use wrathed 1.07 not 1.08....iirc the 1.08 has some issues and i am unsure if megumi or biber is still working on the 1.08.

Megumi was working on a possible WE2.0 but that is a all different topic better adressed by her tbh.

anyway:

not sure if it makes any difference but in your static.xml you removed the references to global.xml and mapmetadata.xml.

try adding those lines back....if my understanding is correct those are normaly used for audio data and stuff that needs to be decompressed before the map loads (don't quote me on that tho, i could be wrong in that fact).

And altho you are currently not adding naything new in regards to that, it could be it still needs the reference when compilling.

so add

<!-- Reference to the Game's Global Data -->
<Include type="reference" source="Global.xml" />

<!-- Reference to the Mod's Global Data -->
<Include type="reference" source="AdditionalMaps/MapMetaData_Global.xml" />

to your static.xml.

You might also check if yourmodname.big and yourmodname.skudef are compiled into the correct folder in your /user/documents/kanes wrath folder

Downloaded the 1.07 version and checked everything you told me, compiled it again but yet nothing's changing ingame :(

Im about to give up, all I wanted was to have some of the Scrin unit's cost reduced but nothing seems to work :P

I made FAQ how to run my mod and it link to some tools or solutions about how to run different versions of KW with mods

Steam version had been reported to me many times by users as Working version, so I assume that You done something wrong on your side, there's also small change you using broken/unfit ver of the mod launcher, few people reported to me that ver 1.10 gave them issue with running mods while 1.09 worked for them like a charm, didn't tried ver 1.11 though so I have no clue if the issue was fixed there~

Btw what language your KW ver is? (Yes it import, you may need to change something in the registry of the game if you not using English ver)

Edited by Egozi44