Sign in to follow this  
bigblue28

Kane's Wrath Running slow

Hi, first time poster!

I've been playing Kane since it came out, loved Tiberium Wars but for some reason I just liked this better.

Anyway, just installed Windows 10 and have been chugging along no problems at all, however, now, whenever I start a game, as soon as a few things start happening at once, the game starts (the only way I can describe it) stuttering, scrolling accross the map is no longer smooth, everything is "jerky".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling which worked for a few games, I have the original CD, I've tried running it under XP sp3, Win7/8.

I thought that maybe my PC and or Graphics card was on the way out but I've been playing COD Advanced with no issues so I'm guessing it can't be that.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks in advance!

Don.

If your hardware worked fine with the game before then it most likely not the hardware's fault (unless your hardware became faulty without you noticed)

What card you using? if you have SLI/cross fire + win10 I won't be surprised, it can also be the GPU's driver as it seem that many have issue with their graphic drivers on win10 with different games

If you using 64 bit I recommend using this tool http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-classic/addons/4-gb-tool-for-kw to force KW to run in 4 gb ram instead of 2 but it most likely won't solve your issue

It can also be some other thing that cause the issue like some random windows update or anti virus

Edited by Egozi44

Windows 10 might also have a conflict with your current graphics card drivers. Google around for your specific model and see if anyone has had the same issue.

Make sure your drivers are up to date. Windows 10 sometimes doesn't play nice with certain GPU driver versions. Might also be an issue with Windows 10 and TW/KW. Thought there were some issues with it and the disc copy of the games.

Thought there were some issues with it and the disc copy of the games.

As a user of the DVD version on Windows 10... no.

As a user of the DVD version on Windows 10... no.

Sorry for bumping this old topic but recently I felt like playing c&c3 Tib wars and Kanes Wrath again on Windows 10 (Retail disc release). After some digging and ultimately applying the Nvidia high performance work around setting I managed to get that one to run and it works charming Multiplayer included with C&C Online client.

But Tiberium Wars on the other hand wont run at all and I'm somewhat at a loss as there haven't been any notable fixes or work around been mentioned in the web. It would appear I'm only 1 of 2 people that had this problem. At least what I had seen by reading the posts.

When I'm attempting to launch Tiberium wars it throws following error message at me:

this application is not compatible with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows2000 or better.

Kinda funny that it asks for an OS that came long before Tib Wars was even released. Either way got any idea how to fix this? Considering KW runs which isn't that much different Tib Wars should run too without incident and for most people that seems to be the case.

Win10 64bit Professional

Nvidia Gforce 660TI ---- As you can see kinda old Tech around 4,5 years old.

Patch 1.09 is applied and so is the game and mod launcher.

The compatibility setting plus admin mode didn't do the trick not that it usually ever does for most games.

I had a similar problem recently, after I had had the game installed for two years. Only after a reinstall and a reboot or two did it start cooperating again.