Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Virtual Reality -- good or bad idea?

We all have dreams in our sleep, and oftentimes there's part of virtual reality within a dream where random things come out of our memories. On some occasions, people dreamed of playing games as a virtual reality in their sleep and that only happens when you play too many games visualized into the mind.

When this technology came out not long ago people are amazed by this, but I think this idea is cliche. There are some movies using partial virtual reality technology back in the 80s and 90s when you are plugged in and suddenly you are in a simulation of virtual reality. Movies like Inception, Disclosure, Demolition Man and Die Another Day have some great examples of VR.

I am not saying if VR tech is a good or bad idea, was this really a necessity? Putting in a pricey smartphone and Occulus Rift glasses to see VR is cool, but I think that tech is gonna last as long as 3D TV.

On the other part of VR, VR gaming is also being implemented into a number of titles. Maybe very soon there will be a VR game of COD, Battlefield, GTA or Star Wars (forget about Half-Life btw).

I mean wasn't one VR product supposed to be.... universal and compatibile for all games that are supported to it? Even Gabe Newell thought that VR game exclusives are bad: http://www.pcgamer.com/gabe-newell-on-vr-exclusives-theyre-bad-for-everyone

What do you think of Virtual Reality?

• Downvote 1

I am not saying if VR tech is a good or bad idea

...But it is the title of your topic.

I think this idea is cliche. There are some movies using partial virtual reality technology back in the 80s and 90s

I think that tech is gonna last as long as 3D TV.

3D film has existed for over one hundred years. It was literally used as early as 1915.

And yet, you were completely sold on 3D movies, even complaining if one didn't come out with a 3D version.

What do you think of Virtual Reality?

Its time has not yet arrived, we are only seeing primitive hints of what lies over the horizon, but it is the future of entertainment.

At this point, I consider VR to be like 3D films: A nice gimmick.