Sign in to follow this  
Plokite_Wolf

Throwback Thursday for 1st June

JyGUuxL.jpg

In this week's Throwback Thursday feature, we look back at the two units which the fans wanted to see in C&C 3: Tiberium Wars and were returned in the Kane's Wrath expansion - the Steel Talons versions of the Titan and the Wolverine. Filling the same roles as in C&C: Tiberian Sun, these redesigned mechs were a worthy throwback to the Second Tiberium War, and were no weaker than their Third Tiberium War counterparts from any side. In fact, they got a few purchasable upgrades of their own - the railgun and adaptive armour for the Titan, and AP ammo for the Wolverine.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

TWA's , models look even nicer, especially the Wolverine.

Let us all be quiet for a minute and remember these great units, time, and era as we watch this horrible poor quality trailer (For the love of god... 720p was big deal back at the time? D: )

Edited by Egozi44

On 3.6.2017 at 6:41 PM, Egozi44 said:

TWA's , models look even nicer, especially the Wolverine.

If your referering to my TWA mod, then a) neither Golan nor I changed anything about the Wolverine and b ) none of the units is addvaible in the mod. :P

I think your either refering to Tiberian Apocalypse or Tiberian Essence.

Sad that there is no picture of the render models that were shown before KW release. Kind of a shame that EA never used them for anything aside the CnC Arena trailer :(

Edited by Stygs

2 hours ago, Stygs said:

Sad that there is no picture of the render models that were shown before KW release. Kind of a shame that EA never used them for anything aside the CnC Arena trailer :(

Chrissyx's site still has the turnaround videos linked to one of EA's file servers.

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/cc/tiberium/KW_Wolverine_Render_high.mov

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/cc/tiberium/KW_Titan_Render_high.mov

3 hours ago, Stygs said:

If your referering to my TWA mod, then a) neither Golan nor I changed anything about the Wolverine and b ) none of the units is addvaible in the mod. :P

I think your either refering to Tiberian Apocalypse or Tiberian Essence.

May recall things wrong then, I recall them looking more like the video models  than the final version