Sign in to follow this  
Miki

Making NOD Militants use both hands when attacking

I want to make the militants use both hands when they fire, instead of just one.
I tried to use GDI riflemen animations on Nod militants, and while everything works, the muzzle flash when they're shooting is a little bit off.
I understand that the riflemen have the muzzleflash animated on its own while militants just have it follow the gun. Hence mixing them results in something like this.

cnc3ep1 2017-09-25 09-18-29-04.jpg
Any help, please?

1 minute ago, Nmenth said:

Yeah, still couldn't figure this one out for months and I don't know where else to ask :( any advice would help. I'm sorry for making another topic about it.

If using other unit bones won't work or telling the xml to use other RM squad bone for the fx don't help, then the only way will be to add new bone that hopefully won't break anything.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2018 at 5:10 PM, Egozi44 said:

If using other unit bones won't work or telling the xml to use other RM squad bone for the fx don't help, then the only way will be to add new bone that hopefully won't break anything.

Sorry for reviving this post, but I remember I somehow managed to make this work in 2019, but since then I got a new PC and lost my old mod files.
Silly me, I forgot to write it down somewhere or write the solution here.
I'm trying many things but nothing seems to work and I'm 100% positive that I managed to make it work both in TW and KW.

EDIT: In case this happens again or for someone who's just curious or maybe trying to do the same thing: I actually managed to make this work by mixing the GDI Riflemen animations with GDI Commando animations (Commando animations for being engaged, shooting, shooting while moving, shooting while in cover, shooting while being suppressed and Riflemen animations for everything else)

Edited by Miki