Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Version 1.0 of Rivals is the worst version ever

Yes, I did uninstall the game for a time being while trying to make beermoney for Amazon discounts, not Google Play/Steam microtransactions.

When I came back to install and play the 1.0 version of it and it looks like..... WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

1) The description of the game in Google Play as unstable finally becomes reality, as it lags in-game and in menus and it even crashes. Earlier versions are not like that.
2) Terrible fair-play matching. People who used microtransactions SHOULD not match up against players that play as F2P, and that makes it unbalanced.
3) The microtransactions are finally adding in. Even fucking a loot box package on sale for as low as $1.99 USD.

Still the reviews in Google play averaged a 3.8 out of five and that need to be way lower than that. The other problem is that I am unable to post a review of that yet.

Still I do not know why the version is now 1.0, now with two new units and some new features, and that's pretty much it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Update-1-0-Notes/td-p/6984900

Well, people who bought lootboxes matching with people who didn't is kind of the point, isn't it? If a player buys lootboxes and then gets matched with stronger players, they lose their incentive to buy more. If they get matched with weaker players, it makes them feel good, and they might buy more. it wouldn't be true lootboxes if it wasn't exploitive.

The update 1.03 went live yesterday, only for bug fixes, when there are really more bug issues after installing the update.

The fair-play matchup feature still has not been implemented yet, people are getting error messages before going to the menu (including going to alliance menus) and still the performance lag in menus and animation bug of fuel delivery have not been fixed.

1 hour ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

there are really more bug issues
animation bug of fuel delivery have not been fixed

It is an unfinished game, supposedly still in "pre-alpha" (I have objections to them clinging to that development stage, but that is their officially stated stage at this point). Bugs are not only unsurprising, but completely expected. And cosmetic bugs, though the most obvious to the observer, are super low priority to the developer. Fixing game-breaking bugs is going to be the main focus, not minor animation bugs.

I'm not defending Rivals here; Rivals sucks. I am defending game development.