Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Dev Detector: David Silverman

dev01news.jpg

Welcome, one and all, to a new feature on CNCNZ.com - the Dev Detector! Since there are so many former Command & Conquer developers who have left a mark on the franchise and the community, we are taking the chance to catch up with some of them, remember the good old times and perhaps learn a thing or two from behind the scenes!

Our first guest is none other than David Silverman, EALA's product manager from 2006 to 2009, who is better known to the community as the creator of Command & Conquer TV and a host of Battlecast Primetime. We've asked him about his favourite project at EALA, the origins of C&C TV, his days at BioWare, and his current shot at streaming. Check out the interview by clicking here!

BioWare games were more single-player experiences while Command & Conquer is more competitive in nature.

The prevalence of that idea is probably why C&C went on a steep downward trend and we're now left with Rivals.

everything I’ve read (and watched) about the game from people who’ve played it, indicates it’s a lot of fun.

Only seeing positive responses seems to indicate a limited sampling... Also, all of the negative testers have probably long stopped playing the game.

If you all want EA to make more C&C games, then show your support for C&C!

I really hate this theory. If we support Rivals, we won't get more C&C, we'll get more Rivals.

4 minutes ago, Nmenth said:

The prevalence of that idea is probably why C&C went on a steep downward trend

The very idea of an RTS is to compete against your enemy. Even if it is a Pentium 90 CPU.

5 minutes ago, Nmenth said:

If we support Rivals, we won't get more C&C, we'll get more Rivals.

Voting with one's wallet in a nutshell.

Somehow I had a feeling our once beloved original founder of CNCNZ (Sonic) did attempt to bring a developer interview long ago. I also miss BCPT.

I never knew the wolf can do this, but anyways I'll be looking more forward for more interviews. Maybe try interviewing Brett Sperry, Louis Castle or even Frank Klepacki next?

And....

I gave up playing C&C Rivals for now, because that game ain't the future.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

8 hours ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

or even Frank Klepacki next?

You're 11 months late.

8 hours ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

I never knew the wolf can do this

So not only do you not know you can do things, but now others as well? :unsure: