Sign in to follow this  
Madin

How to code a RA2 style IFV in C&C3?

I am looking to code an IFV style vehicle in C&C3 and would like some hints and ideas. At the most basic level I would like the weapon of the IFV to have a default (ie out of the factory setting), and then to change depending on what infantry squad (or individual in terms of infantry like the engineer) is loaded inside. If the infantry exits the IFV, I would like it to go back to the default weapon.

If possible it would be nice if the IFV would also change according to 'PLAYER' upgrades. For example if a standard rocket squad entered the IFV it would get a rocket weapon, but if the player upgraded with composite amour, the IFV would get a rocket weapon, and additional armour plating.
Also if the same could be done for 'OBJECT' upgrades, that would be great as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

code of the GLA bikes still exists and working. you can give it a try.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ravage said:

code of the GLA bikes still exists and working. you can give it a try.

It still works? I will have a look!

RiderChangeContain is what was used in Zero Hour? that does not exist in C&C3!

Edited by Madin
Checked, it is not there.

15 hours ago, Madin said:

It still works? I will have a look!

RiderChangeContain is what was used in Zero Hour? that does not exist in C&C3!

my bad, i only remember there are RIDER1 to RIDER4 in the ObjectStatus. however there is  MemberTemplateStatusInfo in OpenContain, which allow the Container gain different status based on which unit they carry, and with LUA coding to switch the Container's weaponset.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ravage said:

my bad, i only remember there are RIDER1 to RIDER4 in the ObjectStatus. however there is  MemberTemplateStatusInfo in OpenContain, which allow the Container gain different status based on which unit they carry, and with LUA coding to switch the Container's weaponset.

Thanks that is a good idea for a limited number of turret changes.