Plok

C&C Remastered Collection - Release and Comments

The problem with C&C as we know is that it's suffered from too much boardroom interference. The remaster hopefully can show these business types that if you give developers the run of the meadow and allow their work to shine, you can get a product that gains favourability and can even outdo other games of AAA popularity. 

I hope this is a lesson, I really do. I wouldn't say no to a TS and RA2 joint remaster as well, but the buck should then stop there and the focus shift towards something new. Or something new then the remaster. I don't mind which way around they do it. 

RTS isn't dead, and the remaster has shown that neither is the franchise. It just needs love and a bit of care. Along with some adequate funding and time? We might just get there again. 

• Upvote 2

With Microsoft leading the way with Age of Empires Definitive Editions, and now EA getting first-hand experience, only a moron wouldn't learn the lesson.

• Upvote 3

You would think so. But I'll remain apprehensive until EA have a bit more of a track record behind them. This has to be across multiple platforms and IPs as well. My concern is even though a good job has been done of this remaster, I don't wanna see it as just a cheap appeasement of the community. 

I would hope this is the start of a new chapter. But we shall see. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Saracen said:

a bit more of a track record behind them.

To be entirely fair, Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order was a turning point. They also let Respawn Entertainment do their thing and make a game they wanted to, no microtransactions and other BS, and was the first EA game since Crysis 2 to come on Steam. Fans rewarded them with good sales and reception. Call me a fool, but I think they're waking up to some issues.

• Upvote 2

They were always be some apprehension as the dawn of a new age arises. as crazy as 20/20 has been, EA listening to the fans might be a slot on my bingo card that I'm willing to have checked off.

took a while to get the download started because of heavy server traffic from steam, but I've been playing the game all afternoon and I absolutely love it. Been playing around with jukebox and visual features as well as the alternate controls and it is a lot of fun. They really did do a good job letting lemon sky and petroglyph take the burn of the work here and get it done the way the fans wanted it and the way the original team envisioned it.

I for one, would vote yes on a remaster of Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2.

From there?... "Time will tell. Sooner or later ..."

Been playing it recently. Still as hard as it used to be. Could've done us a favor and fixed the pathfinding but, all in all, it's fantastic. Sadly, this remaster does show all of the gameplay flaws in all their HD glory.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Doctor Destiny said:

Been playing it recently. Still as hard as it used to be. Could've done us a favor and fixed the pathfinding but, all in all, it's fantastic. Sadly, this remaster does show all of the gameplay flaws in all their HD glory.

But that's part of the fun! Now where did that harvester go....

• Like 1