Sign in to follow this  
uzo

How can i survive an internet game

I'm an absolut beginner on the internet game. The players i'm up against are building in a very short time a lot of tanks, i can't figure out how ?

What do i miss ?

How can i become a good competition ? :?:

Practice makes perfect. :wink:

Get some allies or friend when you battle. I suggest you skirmish unti lthe brutal AI cant stop you, or the medium superweapon AI.

BTW start skirmishing on easy against multiple oppenents on your fav maps, then move to new maps that you dont often play. Then go to medium AI, once you can beat that, battle against easy superweapon AI. then medium superweapon AI and Brutal AI. Make sure that eventually you skirmish against like 3-7 AI oppenents allied against you in team alliance. Once skirmishing against med and brutal AI is no sweat for you, get online and start kicking ass. If your gonna get good, skirmish 2-3 times a day. Once you are comfortable with online against humans, skirmish once in a while to keep in top shape.

Yeah. What ^ said.

Also it doesn't hurt to develop a construction line. IE. Power > Refinery > Barrack > War > Refinery ... etc.

I now i need training, but i miss something...

In a quick match, i am builing like hell, and after 10 minuts my opponent has build 50 tanks. I dont have the time and the money to build an army like this...

So there must be a trick, or are they cheating ?

Nah, not cheating (usually), but I've seen some people build a hell of a lot of tanks in a very short time, thankfully i usually end up allied to them :lol:

try this: power plant (2), barracks, refinery, while waiting on ref. build various troops and wall conyard in. A few defenses dont hurt. Warfactory-1 additional harvester, 8 tanks. Radar, service, power, another miner, battle lab, advanced stuff. The whole time while you are teching up, you are constantly building infantry of mixed types and tanks. Just dont screw yourself out of money. Once you have teched up, if allies, 1 or 2 more refineries w/ 3 harvesters each. Soviets build 2-3 refineries w/ 2-3 harvesters each. For yuri, keep ading miners as you go along. Youll need them. Dont do all of this at once. Build it up gradually. Dont train engineers unless you need them. If tech structures are available, grab 'em.

OR

Once you have a refinery or two and 2-3 harvesters per and a radar and warfactory, dont tech up, just build tanks. Remember, the more factories you have, the faster stuff builds. Perfect your technique while skirmishing. Once you have your prefered method figured out, practice, practice, practice.

You need a better economy.

Go for power, ref, barracks, war factory, 2 miners, war fac, ref and then start crankin out tanks.

Sure, try that way too. What ever works for you is your best bet.

Stay low tech. Some players rush to build advance units or superweapons. Work it so money is coming in as fast as your spending it. Scout with dogs to know your surroundings. Use the enemy's side as a weakness. Take out demotrucks before they become a real threat. Korea players tend to use the airforce way to much while they have no other form of defense. It's helpful to have GGI's/Rhino's to take out armor while TerrorDrones/Rocketeers to take out Infantry/scouting units. Every so often attack while your making your real army. A couple of units are good to throw your enemy off. Flack track with engineers/terrorists, ifv+sniper, Take out the enemy miners... and so on. Don't let your enemy get the upperhand in a battle. If you can't take the derrick from the enemy in a certain area take it out. But money, low tech, and how you use your units makes a big difference.

lol... i never played online... but against an AI, i usually build power, bar, ref, radar, war, 2 miners, at the same time, 3 power plant... i sometimes get to 3 or 4 miners depending on the map... and depending on which side i use.. soviets, i would round up 5-10 of flak troopers, GGI with allieds, and initiates with yuri's until i get to the tanks.. then i suggest on the basic tank and AA tanks, flak trak, heavy rhino, grizzlies, IFV, lasher, gat tanks... that should be fine... until you get more money... then you send off armies of tanks... i don't know... i'm no expert in internet games... i only play my family in LAN... and they aren't good, let's just say.. but amazingly.. my uncle knows how to use korean Black Eagle abusively... but by the time he wants to destroy my base, i have 10-15 IFVs.. not too bad...

Online is sooo much more fun and challenging. Challenge everything.

Tnx very mutch for all the tips, it was very helpfull. I'will practice first the AI, and become better...

I'll be back ! :twisted: