Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Halo PC

Has anyone played Halo on PC yet. Is it good, and problems running it on your system?

I've got a copy on back order.

Guest Bill Steamshovel

I had one problem with the sound screwing up after about five hours of straight play, nothing a reboot didn't fix. Other than that it has been fine. I finished yesterday (got it the day before) and I'm looking forward to some LANage this weekend. I would never have touched BF1942 if this had been released the same time as the XBox version.

I tried the demo, wasn't too bad. I'm just not into FPSs right now, so I haven't been too quick about buying it.

I'm considering getting it later on, looks wicked :D

From GPstore?

I can't wait to play it. I've been waiting for Halo for so long. I need an FPS to keep me intrested until Half-Life 2 next year.

And yes DeadEye, I ordered it from GPStore, they have the best prices for games in NZ :thumbsup:

Guest Bill Steamshovel

I'm hanging out for Deus Ex II: The Invisible War. Gawd I get **REMOVED** just thinking about it. I still think Deus Ex was the best FPS of all time, although I never got the Anniversary edition that had Multiplayer (I'm keeping my eye out though).

I take back my BF1942 comment now. Halo has no bots.

I'm getting Call of Duty as well now, another game to fill void until Half-Life 2 8)

I've played it, and though I almost wrecked all data on my hard drive to get it working (I ignored the warning about data loss when deactivating my RAID-1 array, and the stupid thing just deleted my partition tables on both drives, which is totally unnecessary. I spent the next 24 hours piecing the first 512 bytes of my disk back together, and then Windows started acting up, only to find out that "this is a know problem with the products listed above" for Windows 2000 in the MS Knowledge base and getting Windows working again).

It's a nice game. It's a bit like Renegade, with vehicles you can enter but you can have passengers and gunners as well :) And the missions are pretty well scripted, though 7 & 8 are very boring with *lots* of identical rooms, which are in different locations.

Yeah some of the level design in Halo is a bit bland, to many corridors and rooms using the same textures/layouts etc, I like the levels in the outdoor enviroments the most.

Its still a fun game to play though, hell....I've played worse. The enemy AI in Halo is good, they dive behind rocks, walls and so on.

I'm glad I got Call of Duty as well, once I'm done with Halo I'll move on to that :wink:

I watched a friend play it once and it looks like a great game i think i'll have to get it. Blakmaglc :twisted:

Guest t217t217

i know almost every thing about halo. its the best game ever. though i miss the co-up. i played it once on x-box its twice as hard on pc. koen im amazed youv played halo.

Guest Railgun72

halo is one of the best games made by microsoft

Microsoft didn't make Halo, it was originally made by Bungie. GearBox (who made the Opposing Force expansion for Half-Life) were responsible for bringing Halo back home to where it should have been in the first place....on the PC!

Microsoft are the ones who lured Bungie away with money and made Halo an XBox only launch game. Much to the disgust of the PC users.

Microsoft market/advertise/support the game.

i know almost every thing about halo. its the best game ever. though i miss the co-up. i played it once on x-box its twice as hard on pc. koen im amazed youv played halo.

Why are you suprised Koen played it?