Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

About rules

Guest Rabbit

Since new people every once in a while seem to break a rule by accident since they didn't read them upon first registering, i was wondering if maybe you could make the email system automatically email newbies the rules upon registration.

Just a thought?

I doubt anyone would read them....

Not to say I've never read them of course.... I do every day... ;)

Even if a new member has not read the rules page before simply by registering and/or posting on our forums means they agree to abide by these rules, what this means is its up to the new member to make the effort to read and understand them.

Guest Rabbit

OK!

So basically, you'd rather make it the user's responsibility, because he has the privlege of posting on your site?

So basically, you'd rather make it the user's responsibility, because he has the privlege of posting on your site?

So you don't feel privileged posting here? :shock:

Well thats it then, I'm closing the entire site down, there is no reason stay open now....joking of course :lol:

All kidding aside, yeah thats the general idea, although privileged isn't the word I'd use. We provide the servers, space and resources, set it all up so is it wrong if we enforce some rules and ask that new and current members take a few minutes to read them.

Guest Rabbit

So, maybe the responsibility of posting here? Well, either way, I feel priveleged, because you've gone through different servers, site names, problems, and stuff just so all of us can stay online! You did a whole bunch of work for the community, and we should be at the least honored to use the site... and it is kind of a privelege cause if we do something really bad, you can "punish" us and take the privelege away...

(Not to be arguing with you though)

Well thats it then, I'm closing the entire site down, there is no reason stay open now....joking of course :lol:

If you ever said that for real, I'd have to take a 24 hour flight to New Zealand to slap some sense into ya :wink:

I have a new sense of enthusiasm about C&C for the next decade, if no-one else has in that time, that's fine, just don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

If you ever said that for real, I'd have to take a 24 hour flight to New Zealand to slap some sense into ya :wink:

I have a new sense of enthusiasm about C&C for the next decade, if no-one else has in that time, that's fine, just don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

Agreed with ya there. Cant ever let C&C die. Even if it means learning how to be good wit HTML and FTP (which Im not :evil: )

Guest Rabbit

If CnC dies, I die (kidding, of course!)

But I'd come pretty close...

Guest MadBadger
Not to say I've never read them of course.... I do every day... ;)

coff goody goody coff .....

well cant the rule list be added to the registration? so like the EULA on games you have to check that you will obay the rules. Then they have no excuse for not obaying them.... do you deleate unused accounts? as theres a load of people in the intro page who came and made that post then vanished...