Sign in to follow this  
SludgeHead

Classic C&c game warning

I was having a Classic C&cTd urge... since i didnt play in who know how long.. well i put it in my new PC cd drive and the cd xplodes :strain: , so i clean out the broken peices and try the NOd disk and it happens again :doh: , this is just a warning for those of you who still have original copys of C&cTd make sure u lower ur CD drive speed or u might lose ur persious copy of :10: ...well im off to get another copy of :10:

lol... hahah

I haven't had a CD explode EVER... Guess I'm just lucky.. ;)

wtf. You can't lower the speed of a CD player...

My old 10-year old C&C CD's still work fine. Not that I ever use the originals to actually play though... i'd be crazy to do that. I never play with my original CD's... don't wanna risk damaging em. Got backup copies of all my game CD's.

(And in Belgium it's legal to have one copy of every CD you bought 8))

My old 10-year old C&C CD's still work fine. Not that I ever use the originals to actually play though... i'd be crazy to do that. I never play with my original CD's... don't wanna risk damaging em. Got backup copies of all my game CD's.

well legaly ur aloud to have one back up copy of each cd you own here as well and thats what i was trying to do with the nod disk you see ... hmm while i go c to buying a new C&C gold game il go get a lower speed CD drive

exploding disks ??

I still use my original RA disks. Not actually worried abotu htem, theres like 2 million RA disks in the US still on shelves, still selling.

exploding disks ??

I still use my original RA disks. Not actually worried abotu htem, theres like 2 million RA disks in the US still on shelves, still selling.

Not realy xploding more like shatering and i do paly C&C Ra all the time its just that my :10: disk one shattered cause my cd driver spins way to fast its overclocked and i think its harder to find C&C gold then RA

yeah. still, I've never heard of that before. I have heard of a cracked disk, but never shattered.

Unless it was Britney Spears :lol: :wink:

I guess Im lucky to have a crappy comp, I can garuntee the disk drive wont be too fast for anything.

yeah. still, I've never heard of that before. I have heard of a cracked disk, but never shattered.

Unless it was Britney Spears :lol: :wink:

I guess Im lucky to have a crappy comp, I can garuntee the disk drive wont be too fast for anything.

lucky you :tired: im stuck with a fast computer and fast drive ohh the humanity

but at least you have a fast computer

I have 712 MB RAM, but my processor (Cleron 2 Ghz I think on the speed) of all things :x

I gues I'm just lucky. I've never had a Cd go boom on me ever!.

Though I have had a mate at tech once.. His was like a mini bomb. Everyone in class like freaked out..

Tis was funyn. Ahh.. zee old days. :P

There was some study done that showed that the average CD Drive spins faster than a CD can withstand.

then why do they make CD drives spin so fast if the CDs cant take it ??

There was some study done that showed that the average CD Drive spins faster than a CD can withstand.

then why do they make CD drives spin so fast if the CDs cant take it ??

cause the douche-bags that made the cdDrive think faster is better .. although i might agree with them my game collection is realy hurting this also happend with my first copy of RA2 allies so i gave my firend the solviet disk and bought another copy of the game ... bahhh i guess :10: hates me

whats with the small type

people are stupid. and many of them know it. so why the helldo they do it ?!

Faster CD reading means FASTER CD READING...

Faster is better.

well legaly ur aloud to have one back up copy of each cd you own here as well and thats what i was trying to do with the nod disk you see ... hmm while i go c to buying a new C&C gold game il go get a lower speed CD drive

well what do u think i was trying ot do wiht my nod disk :silenced:

Faster CD reading means FASTER CD READING...

Faster is better.

not if its breaking your CDs :roll:

I've never had a CD break on me before...

I don't think they'd make CD readers or whatever faster than a CD can handle... If you keep your gear in good condition I don't think you'd have a problem.

I haven't.

neither have I, but some people here seem to have bad luck

or just bad Cds :wink:

Meh.. Thats just bad luck...

And throwing CDs around and stuff doesn't help. My mate always chucks his CD's around..

Though he's never had any CD problems ever. Funny that.

neither have I, but some people here seem to have bad luck

or just bad Cds :wink:

you could say that again .. that is the whole bad luck thing ... my games r in good condition unless :no: they cracked while i moved to the new house :?

tis why you use foam packaging and those pesky little white foam pellets in you boxes :wink:

You could do that. Or you could just stick them in a CD carryin case instead...

Saving space. :P