Sign in to follow this  
carage

TibEd2 MOD selector refuses to change directories

I think there is either a major bug or conflict with C&C First Decade Edition.

The mod selector only seems to see directories one depth and it seems to ignore characters such as and & which are the default paths used by C&C First Decade.

Anyway to manually set the directory?

The change directory function in the program is nearly useless.

This feels like a bug in the mod selector program. I went by the store to pick up The First Decade today, only to find they did not have it (only Empire at War). Hopefully I can find it in Amsterdam tomorrow.

By the by, can you maybe tell me the directory layout for The First Decade and maybe lookup in the registry where it stores the Generals folder? Probably HKEY_LOCLAL_MACHINESoftwareEA gamesGenerals and key InstallPath, but I guess not. Perhaps there is a new key in EA games (or sometime it's called Electronic Arts in the path).

It is now under HKEY_LOCLAL_MACHINESoftwareElectronic ArtsEA GamesCommand and Conquer the First Decade

I had this problem too so I went searching through the registry.

There seems to be 2 regkey areas for the Mod Selector

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareVan de Sande ProductionsGenerals Mod Selector

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREVan de Sande ProductionsGenerals Mod Selector

What I found was that the LOCAL_MACHINE had 2 'string' keys that contained the directory path that I had entered.

• GameFolderOverride

ZeroHourFolderOverride

CURRENT_USER had neither of those keys so I just recreated them in that location. Now mod selector has the correct paths.

By the by, can you maybe tell me the directory layout for The First Decade and maybe lookup in the registry where it stores the Generals folder? Probably HKEY_LOCLAL_MACHINESoftwareEA gamesGenerals and key InstallPath, but I guess not. Perhaps there is a new key in EA games (or sometime it's called Electronic Arts in the path).

The directory structure is simple, it's the registry that is truly messed up. That's why I went with the solution in my previous post.

Here's how the Hive breaks down

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsEA Games

• Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour

Command and Conquer The First Decade

• "or_ready"=" "

"co_args"=" "

"InstallFolder"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First Decade"

"Locale"="en_US"

"ts_args"=""

"ts_executable"="SUN.exe"

"ts_folder"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Tiberian SunSUN"

"ts_register"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeInternet"

"r2_args"=""

"r2_executable"="RA2.exe"

"r2_folder"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Red Alert IIRA2"

"r2_register"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeInternet"

"yr_args"=""

"yr_executable"="RA2MD.exe"

"yr_folder"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Red Alert IIRA2"

"yr_register"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeInternet"

"gr_args"=""

"gr_executable"="Generals.exe"

"gr_folder"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Generals"

"zh_args"=""

"zh_executable"="Generals.exe"

"zh_folder"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Generals Zero Hour"

Generals

• "InstallPath"="C:GamesCommand & Conquer The First Decade"

"Language"="english"

"MapPackVersion"=dword:00010000

"Version"=dword:00010008

*Please Note: I changed the default path from "Program Files" to "Games"*

So if you notice there is an "InstallFolder" for the First Decade, Generals has an "InstallPath" that points to the First Decade root folder, and ZeroHour has noting. The only thing that points to the correct locations are the **_folder keys in the First Decade.

Right... well it does not work because the Mod Selector stores the setting in one place (LOCAL_MACHINE), and reads it from another place (CURRENT_USER). Whoops :oops:. I'll have to release a new Mod Selector for this. I hope I can still package the old beta 3 properly...

I've nearly finished with TibEd 1.x updates, so that should be out soon.