Sign in to follow this  
fredcow9

Help with Red Alert

Ok I have win 2000 trying to install red aler, I get message: currently running win 5.0, red alert is a win 95 product only...

So i try to do compatibility mode and it will not let me go to compatibility mode and so I cant even get the program installed

Please help!

Thanks so much.

The site was useful because I did get it to work in compatibility mode but when the install shiled installs, I get the following message: Win 5.0 is currently running, Red alert is a Win 95 product only.

could anyone help me with this?

Right, Inferno. That's going to help him SO much during the INSTALL <_<

Not to mention the official RA1 1.08 patch does a better job, and without disabling LAN play.

So yes, newsflash, that patch was made for C&C95 and should NOT be used for RA1 AT ALL.

so basically there is no hope for me to ever play red alert on my computer again?

ok well I already have dont that.

so heres my status, I made the computer work in win 95 compatability layer, I get that far and then the win 5.0 is running message mentioned earlier comes up.

Is there like some computer genius that knows what to do here or what?

Umm... you seem to be misunderstanding some things here... doing that regsvr32 stuff doesn't put your PC in Win95 compat mode... it just enables you to use compatibility mode. You still have to apply compatibility mode to the shortcut you made of RA's setup.exe

thats a good one cuz i already did that afeter i ran the command. assume im smarter than that comon.

so no one knows how to fix this.

unbeliveable

actally i figured it out, you have to set the autoplay to win 95 compatibility mode, doing setup only dosent work

but thanks for the help you guys I probally wouldnt have figured it out without all your help

thats a good one cuz i already did that afeter i ran the command. assume im smarter than that comon.

unbeliveable

Heh sorry... you wouldn't believe the kind of people I've had to guide through it before :P