Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus X-1

GERMANY BASHES EUROPE!!!

Germany did do well economicly but nowhere near as well as japan has done in its past.

Then again, you have to look at the circumstances, the history ect ect. Either way, I think both of them did a fine job, although how Japan got into this conversation is beyond me.....

Germany did do well economicly but nowhere near as well as japan has done in its past.

Thats how Cygnus.

Ah yes, but why did Alphabear bring Japan into this?

That is the real quesiton 8)

because we were talking about how well germany rebuilt economically

And we all know that Germany and Japan are related....unless you are refering to thier WWII alliance. Which, may I remind you, was not part of the original plans, nor did they do a whole lot to help each other out.

Germany and Japan are very much related. Until 1853 Japan was a feudal society. Japan westernised by copying the west most of which was based on the Prussian models. So japan and Prussia (then germany) became very close. The fatct that it took them all of 30 years to develop from a feudal society to a dominant imperialist nation compared to the hundreds of years it took the west is very impressive.

And when was the West a feudal society? Western Europe yes...

Good point. I just didnt make the connecting when Japan was seemingly randomly brought into a discussion abotu Germany.

yes well the US wasnt really around when feudalism was still alive in western nations

Yes we were. We just hadnt migrated over here yet :wink: (jk)

Good point. And the fuedla system didnt exactly do humanity a ton of good.

was just another stepping stone on the way to communism :P

:? I hope not. Notice how Communism fails. The people get tired of it, the economy crashed, the capitalists pwn then in war and political battlegrounds....it just doesnt work in real life. On paper, yes, but in real life? Nope not at all.

it seems good on paper, but the problem is that it would be very hard to put this true communism into effect. None of the supposed communist nations have yet really come close to true communism. One of the main things that is required for a communist nation to suceed is for it to have gone through an industrial revolution and democracy prior to turning. Even with that the communism as Marx predicted would still be a hard thing to run effectivly so for it to ever work it needs to be modified to make "communism 2.0" as i like to call it. However i doubt this will come about any time soon

it seems good on paper, but the problem is that it would be very hard to put this true communism into effect.

Impossible, you mean. Just like how it's impossible to apply "true democracy" in a large country.

None of the supposed communist nations have yet really come close to true communism. One of the main things that is required for a communist nation to suceed is for it to have gone through an industrial revolution and democracy prior to turning.

Yes. That, and the slaughtering of millions. Submit to our vision or die! What a wonderful way to kick off a utopia! Also, communism fundamentally ignores human nature.... almost ridiculously so. How many "communist" leaders do you ever see stepping down of their own accord and assuming an "equal" place among the rest of the citizens? There's also the destruction of personal drive and ambition, etc etc.... on ever level, capitalism has absolutely dominated communism in the real world. Why do some morons still cling to those insane ideals?

Even with that the communism as Marx predicted would still be a hard thing to run effectivly so for it to ever work it needs to be modified to make "communism 2.0" as i like to call it. However i doubt this will come about any time soon

Or ever. Communism is a pipe dream, plain and simple.

P.S. I'm back from my trip :wink:

And defending the Capitalistic West as ever 8) (btw Alpha I think BWare is just acknowledging your posts and conreteing them in, not bashing in anyway)

And defending the Capitalistic West as ever 8) (btw Alpha I think BWare is just acknowledging your posts and conreteing them in, not bashing in anyway)

You know it :wink:

Oh, and thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I wasn't at all bashing your post alpha- just adding my somewhat harsher perspective on communism :wink:

yeah i knew that bware. I dont beleive democracy is going to last forever. We beleive democracy is the best way now but back in the middle ages feudalism was considered the best way to run things. As technology evolves there wil be a new political system that becomes the main one, not necessarily communism which Marx predicted but possibly a completely new system.

Well, I'm not so sure about that alpha. How much further do you really think government can evolve? I can't even picture a realistic system that works better than the republic.

Yup, realistically I can't picture any better system than a republic...

Also, I doubt we'll last long enough to see a new government amerge. :P

meaning us personally or humans in general?

I dont think a new governemt will evolve unless there is need for one. And right now, the Republic works, although I have a feeling it may get stale in the upcoming decades/centuries (hard to call a timeframe). But if people keep level headed, and we can keep corrupt politicians down to a minumum (thats a lot to ask, but w/e we can try) then I see no reason why Democracy should fail.

Humans in general.. I thought that was implied...

Here's what I think we should do about politicans salery... Average out all the people's yearly income in one state who have a job.... Whatever that average is, thats what our senators and representitives get paid yearly..

That could go wrong, horribly wrong....

Speaking of which, who sets the wages for the president and conrgessman and all of that anyway?

because its the first step towards communism.

Who sets those wages anyhow?