Sign in to follow this  
CnCRapidFire

Red Alert 2 Freezes

Hey everytime i play RA2 in single player campaign modes the game freezes and i have to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and end the program. I have tried reinstalling and patching, nothing works

Guest Rabbit

This happens to me occasionally, although, it's not immediate, it's a few minutes into gameplay. Any idears?

yeah same with me, the first time i played the allied missions i got all the way to fort bradley before it froze but from then on it started freezing either during the movie before tanya destroys the dreadnoughts or just after the paratroopers are killed

if you have any thing goin on in the background that could be it aswell so i think that could be it or you could need more CPU for you conmputer or even you might need more RAM for you computer/laptop

Turning off any antivirus type programs running in the background is always a good place to start...

yes i forgot about that and that will help and if that does not work i duno what it could be mate soz

Guest Rabbit

This thread hasn't been posted in for months, I'm sure the problem is most likely fixed. =/

Yeah, RA2 froze up on me too. Its when the NYC mission was loaded during the Soviet campiagn. I didnt look into it b/c we got a new computer and i was cool with it. LOL.

sorry Zee Hypnotist but posting back into a thread that know one has posted into for agaes can help peolpe that need help with these thing

Guest Rabbit

Meh, don't worry about it, if I was bugged about it, I'd probably lock it. I'm just saying the guys problem was probably fixed. :P

well, it hasnt been fixed, even on TFD, becaue I patched mine and everything, tried every way to start up the game, compatability, eveyrthing, and this thing still freezes on the loadup screen, without fail.

Guest Rabbit

Doesn't freeze with me. I have yet to experience ANY problems with TFD.

Well, I did have one. The way the map maker for RA1 wasn't properly incorporated, any time I'd try to load it, my printer would start spewing out paper randomly, I don't know why. :P

well its the loading screen for the game itself. I cant even get to the menu screen, it alwasy freezes on the pic of the Kirovs over the Statue of Liberty (headed away form the US, but thats a nother story) or the one with the Genetic mutator turning men into Brutes. Either way, it always freezes at that point, and annoys the hell out of me

that's weird....runs perfectly for me :?

have you run it w/o problems before? and did you say it was TFD for you or regular RA2?

they both used to work, and now neither of them work, both of them now freeze at exactly the same loading screen, I dont know what it is, it might be the fact that when you delete something, it doesnt delete, and when you reinstall, the comp just reloads the older stuff, so if something went wrong somewhere, it's still broken. Patches and updates have not fixed either of them, and to be honest, I've given up on RA2, I've just been playing and modding TS/FS in recent weeks.

I'll get the freezing thing son=metimes, but it's usually after I have been playinfg for some time. Usually it happens at a time of major explosions (like 4 tech oil depots going all up at the same time or perhaps a nuclear silo). Updated drivers doesn't seem to be the solution.

I really wish that there was a patch that adressed the incompatability issues with XP.

It works fine with XP, and you can always run in it compatability mode if it doesnt.

I think in your case its either your processor, your ram, or a really slow soundcard that slows things down (hey it can happen, but damn thats gotta be an old sound card)

I have a P4 3.2 GHz, 2 GB Ram,

Built in Realtek AC'97 audio

NVidia GeForce 7800 GS AGP

Windows XP Home

:shrug:

XP Home < XP Pro

a little something i've noticed on my comp vs my friends, I have XP pro, he has Home, and mine just seems to be better (all hardware differences aside)

everytime you hear incoming transmission hit Esc save your game then right away load the game u just saved.. pnce loaded ul hear the fuzz of the video ending and u wont freeze up.. annoying you cant whatch the vids tho, oh well atleast u can play the game all the way thru now

/ wont work if the game freezes while loading (as mine does)

I have a P4 3.2 GHz, 2 GB Ram,

Built in Realtek AC'97 audio

NVidia GeForce 7800 GS AGP

Windows XP Home

:shrug:

I think it has something to do with the soundcard, I got exactly the same problem as you, and I got a built in Realtek AC'97 audio card.. And I read somewhere that it could be the soundcard.