Sign in to follow this  
cnc_sage

economy tips (TS)

I have little online experience. I would like some pointers on establishing a good economy aka not run out of cash early.

The strategy I used so far is:

-after building a power plant I build the refinery before the barracks/hand of nod

-after building the war factory I build 1 harvester

-after building the radar I build a second refinery

The cash eventually runs out. I get pwned easily by the time I build the tech center when the other player sends a large attack force on me.

Anyone have suggestions?

Try this instead:

Power

Barracks

Refinery x 3 - Sell one

War Factory - build harv

Power

Refinery

then continue teching your way up

If you get 3 Refineries, you'll be too far behind in tank production.

Go power, barracks, refinery, war factory (harvester), radar, war factory, tech up. Stretch to new tib if you need to.

Go power, barracks, refinery, war factory (harvester), radar, war factory, tech up. Stretch to new tib if you need to.

He is talking about online play, which clearly you have absolutely no experience at all in by the suggested build order.

Two war factories with only one refinery? wtf? even if the second war factory was suppose to be a refinery, just a retarded build.

Obviously you don't realise infantry play a significant role in the early games of Tiberian Sun opposed to the other games, people will usually infantry rush with around 30+ infantry at the start of the game, and with your build order, you would be dead with relative ease.

if you are **** at the game, don't suggest build orders, you end up helping no one and just confuse people.

Just to expand on my earlier post, how many TS/FS monthly player and clan tournaments did you win?

To be perfectly honest, your post actually makes me wonder if you have ever played Tiberian Sun :S