Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Composer for C&C 3 Soundtrack Found?

I spotted a few references to this new last week but didn't think much of it, until now. A possible composer for the Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars soundtrack has been listed on C&C 3's IMDB profile, a composer by the name of Steve Jablonsky. Some of his past work includes the up coming live action Transformers movie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, The Island, Bad Boys II and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. You can view a Hans-Zimmer.net entry listing for Steve Jablonsky, with links to some samples that you can download.

His musical style has been described as a sort of epic orchestral sound, think of movies like The Rock. This may lead to C&C 3 following the style of music we had in C&C Generals. The feeling towards that around the community is people favor (or is that demand) a return to original rock/techno music that we all know and like so much, created by the ultra talented Frank Klepacki. The music for C&C Generals may have suited that game but I don't think its the right style the universe of GDI and Nod.

If Steve Jablonsky is the man for job I hope he comes up with a radically new soundtrack, lets hope he as listened to Frank Klepacki's previous work from the older C&C games. But you should keep the faith people, remember this when C&C 3 was first announced:

EA's community manager has also said that the team is aware of fan's concern, and that EA's audio team has been studying Klepacki's music for the past ten years, and fans will not be disappointed.

We might still get that rock/techno soundtrack we want after all.

his music is alright but i found it lacked punch, the Island OST was good though. so i am a bit skeptical on this guy.

Guest Rabbit

Wha? Oh... well... saw that name in the past, thought everyone already knew of him though.

Idunno. When I listen to his music, whether I like it or not, there's no real way to tell how good it is unless you're listening to it in-game...

You're not gonna believe this, but I'm in favour of a change in music style. Klepacki was great, there's no denying that, but I feel C&C needs to move forward so it feels like a movie.

Steve Jablonsky in my opinion would be a perfect choice in my opinion for that real epic feel. Providing the acting is passionate and the music can reflect the gameplay, it'll work.

You guys might be skeptical, but may I suggest you find a copy of Earth 2160. The soundtrack composer Maciej Pawlowski was nothing short of brilliant in creating an orchestral atmosphere for this game. The soundtrack without a doubt gave the game a war movie feel.

But if EA are using Klepacki's material for the trailers they're releasing, then it must be a style they deem suitable for this game. So I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

Indeed I'd love a soundtrack that holds a certain Klepacki feel, but I'm not gonna cry and flame EA if they don't. This game needs something unique amongst all the old IPs that have returned. And while I'm sure there are some unique features in this game already, I will welcome a change to the music.

Guest Rabbit
You guys might be skeptical,

Hehe, I'm not being skeptical, now I just have that "I'm not opinionated in either direction until I see the final product" feeling.

I suggest you find a copy of Earth 2160. The soundtrack composer Maciej Pawlowski was nothing short of brilliant in creating an orchestral atmosphere for this game. The soundtrack without a doubt gave the game a war movie feel.

i have that soundtrack and i found it rules, to be precise i was listing to that before i read this post. and that guy did a dam good job.

And while I'm sure there are some unique features in this game already, I will welcome a change to the music.

Yeah, something new and fresh would be good. ;)

meh i'd rather Frank was doin the music still wont be the same no matter how good this guy is

Well no suprise there, but the Generals music doesn't work in the new Game Play Trailers...

I liked them fine in Generals, and I liked his stuff in the rainbow series... but it definetly didn't suit C&C. But that's okay - it was designed for that universe.

I'm open to new music...

-gben