Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

XBox 360 + 3 Red Lights = Dead Console

So after 10 months my Xbox 360 finally gave up wanting work and died on me this past Wednesday morning. I'm sure this makes Luk3us very happy since he is so anti-Xbox :P

I suspected my 360 was about crap out, it started to freeze while playing NBA Live 07 more and more, every time I played the Lakers it would freeze, how strange is that!!

The part that bothers me the most about this is the fact that I never really used the 360 that much.

So now my $700 investment is boxed up on it's way back to god to only knows where to be repaired. The good thing is it still under warranty (by 2 months) and doesn't cost me anything. I have absolutely no idea how long it will be away or when I'll get it back.

A moments silence for my dead XBox 360.

get PS3 then.

i know, it will rip you off.

psst, in Malaysia, its RM3500!!

Why would I be so stupid to buy a $1200 (NZ dollars) console that has only 1 or 2 games worth getting when Microsoft will repair my 360 for free :wink:

Why would I be so stupid to buy a $1200 (NZ dollars) console that has only 1 or 2 games worth getting when Microsoft will repair my 360 for free :wink:

QFT.

get PS3 then.

LOL! No. Wii ftw. ;)

Well nice bout the warranty. If you get a new one then new warranty prolly. :) Or I'd get an extension on it if you can.

I'm used to PS console anyway :lol:

at my place, not many getting x-box. games are limited.

All consoles are generally the same. I don't know how you can only be "used" to one. They all use the t.v., they all have controllers with buttons you press, they all have little joysticks in them.

Except for the Wii, which is new and fresh. ;)

Guest Auronguardian

No, 360 for life.

Although I have had my 360 bug out on me, Microsoft got it fixed quickly and efficently.

Personally I'll be getting a PS3, but i'll be damned if i'm gonna get one when they first come out, not enough games to warrent the high price you'll have to pay. I dont mind the 360, but the controller does kinda put me off, the ps' controllers just seem so more ergonomically pleasing, and more aesthetically nice. put the ps controller with a 360 and keep the 360 prioce and i wud get one, fickle as it may be. The games aren't really gonna sway me either, cuz no-one can ever say one console gets better games seeing as most games now are multi format.

no matter..

i got laptop, pc, nokia n-gage, psp, ps2 & gameboy...

x-box, meh...i had enuff.

after all, i just have enuff budget for ps3 & a new handphone.

So after 10 months my Xbox 360 finally gave up wanting work and died on me this past Wednesday morning. I'm sure this makes Luk3us very happy since he is so anti-Xbox :P

I suspected my 360 was about crap out, it started to freeze while playing NBA Live 07 more and more, every time I played the Lakers it would freeze, how strange is that!!

The part that bothers me the most about this is the fact that I never really used the 360 that much.

So now my $700 investment is boxed up on it's way back to god to only knows where to be repaired. The good thing is it still under warranty (by 2 months) and doesn't cost me anything. I have absolutely no idea how long it will be away or when I'll get it back.

A moments silence for my dead XBox 360.

hmm normally this thing happens outside the warranty or guraentee just to bleep you off

Guest Auronguardian
nokia n-gage

NO

nokia n-gage

NO

whats your problem?

i had it since 2005 & still have it inside my drawer.

i'm using w550i & i'm going it away & then get w850i today!

hmm normally this thing happens outside the warranty or guraentee just to bleep you off

Thats why I'm glad it crapped it now and not in 2 months time :wink:

I finally got the e-mail from the repair centre, they have my 360. It only took a week to get to them.

I only just saw this topic so let me express something... :D

That is all that is needed at this time. :nod: But its lucky its still under warranty. ;)

Consoles are useless. Computers FTW!

1. I would rather have a crappy mouse than a xbox wierdie joypad space thingy.

2. Most consoles dies quick and guaranty is rare.

3. gamboy sux

4. specially the yellow one with pikachu on.

Another update. My 360 has been repaired and its now on it's way back to me.

Got my 360 back this morning. Its finally back where it belongs, on top of my entertainment cabinet. Same console, same serial number, no damage from it's trip either.

It powers on again. Don't have time (or motivation) to give it a good thrashing.... but I guess the fact it turns on with no red lights is 1 minor positive.

yea i had that happen with my 360 in the first few days of launch, it was replaced the next day for free. and i am loving nintendo at the moe.