Sign in to follow this  
Out2kill

CNC3 on Vista 64-bit

Okay guys, Anyone here running vista 64 and gotten cnc3 to run? The demo ran fine but when i try to play it gives me an error telling me to install the latest version of Directx. I have Directx 10 so that message is bogus. I tried running it in compatibility mode with XP but still same error. Any work a rounds?

Downgrade to either XP 64-bit (which I have, and the game works) or to a 32-bit OS. Or wait for a work-around.

I installed the patch and it works fine now.

What patch? And this worked ofr Vista 64? Do you have a direct URL? If so, BIG THANKS! I think it's odd that the demo work ed fine for me, but when I install the full version, I get that stupid DirectX error, even thought Vista has DX10 and all my drivers are the latest!

What patch? And this worked ofr Vista 64? Do you have a direct URL? If so, BIG THANKS! I think it's odd that the demo work ed fine for me, but when I install the full version, I get that stupid DirectX error, even thought Vista has DX10 and all my drivers are the latest!

Ummm... The only patch thats out....

Ummm... The only patch thats out....

Where? No sign of it on EA's website or EA Link.

I also have the same trouble as "Out2kill". When I bought the computer I did noy know it was a 64 bit machine.

The game runs OK on my sons laptop which 32 bit Vista. Hope the patch comes soon. Thanks for your help.

Hope the patch comes soon. Thanks for your help.

You hope patch V1.1 comes soon? It's come and gone and been replaced with a few more patches, up to V1.9 I believe.

If you look at the date of the last post, you will see this topic has been dead since two and a half years ago.

Don't be a necroposter, read the forum rules & guidelines.