Sign in to follow this  
DarkBuddy9

Red Alert 2 Install Help

I put my ra2 disc in......the autoplay shows up, i click install, nothing happends the autoplay freezes then it opens up this error could not fin D;Setup.exe (even tho Setup.exe is in the ra2 ) help please.

Guest PunWisp_Forever

put in the allied disc, go into my computer,a nd you should see the RA2 symbol, right click it and go to open, then setup

Didnt work it froze btw im useing windows XP profess

Try both discs. If that fails, copy the install files from the CD to your hard drive and try that.

Well, Some time its my cd-drive you can it wire like it powers up then when i go in RA2 Directory from CD it freezes.Then with the install autoplay too.....u click install the autoplay freezes the cd-drive light is green without blinking.

if its only happend to RA2 then its your disc, just buy a new one

dude, no way! :evil: my RA2 discs are new & clean be sides here are my specs mybe its this:

Intel Pentium 3 Processor (600Mhz CPU)

Microsoft Windows 98 (I Swicthed It To Windows XP ProFessinal SP2)

128 MB SyncDRAM (256MB Max)

256KB L2 Cache (100MHz System Bus)

20 GB Hard Drive Ultra DMA/66

DVD ROM DRIVE 8x Max.

100Mbps Enthernet (Sympatico)

3D AGP Graphics 8MB Video (NVIDIA 128Bit TNT2)

if its only happend to RA2 then its your disc, just buy a new one

Dude whats with you and buying a game if it won't install? There was a topic in ZH section where the guy was missing one file and you told him to buy a new one. Not everyone has extra money to spend around and especially if it's fixable...

Minimum Requirements:

Win95/98

P266MHz

64MB RAM

2MB video RAM

16-bit color

4X CD-ROM

350MB hard drive space

Hmmm, your computer is just barely there (how old is that thing?! I applaud you for using that still <_<) but it's there nonetheless. Have you tried installing it on the Win98 partition? (Unless you completely wiped 98 for XP)

Do you have enough space on the hard drive? Not an issue usually but do you have administrator privileges on the computer?

My computer has 18GB Left, and there is only 1 account and that is the main admin account

When you put the disc in does it at least recognize the disks? (Check My Computer to see)

i have 2 yuris disc, 1 is brand new and one is older one sens ei first got ti when it came out, the brand new one Doesnt work it just crashes, it doesnt matter if its new or old it might not work, happends alot to me XD

so plz dont tell me its new and clean as an excuse it works.... because they may not always work..

and wow thats prob why it wont let you XD

and really only 18 left? anyway it doesnt take much, i dont think even a gig or does it?

and if your comp was brand new with good specs then it would prob be the disc. but i guess not in this case(but disc still might not work right either way, anything is possible)

Yes, It Does,but when i go to my computer and i click the red alert 2 thing it opens up i click setup it freezes then this pops up: Could Not Find: D:Setup.exe

yes it does to what part of my previous post? if you mean new matters it doesnt.... trust me i have major experiance in this type of thing XD if its not about that part then please xplain...