Sign in to follow this  
Alphabear

360 Red ring of Death

The infamous red light problem has just hit my 360. The strange this is its less than a week since I decided to get xbox live and download the updates for the console.

Yeah i knew that, Microsoft said they will fix any console that has the problem no matter if it is still under warranty or not. But just because they are all have the defect does not mean it will happen to all.

Oh dear, this is really gonna be the ammo the Sony fanboys have been looking for. Mind you it may give the dominant 360 fanboys a reason to shut up about the PS3 being so bad.

This news is really quite Interesting to say the least.

The news is really old actually, yet for some reason it has arisen again now that Microsoft has said it will fix them warranty or not.

Do you get the 3 red lights on your 360 Alphabear? Or some other combination?

Any error messages or codes on the TV screen?

Mine died back in February, it was repaired by Microsoft under warranty. I will admit that since I got it back every time I power it on I feel like its going crap out on me again.

Yeah the 3 red lights. For a few weeks prior the wireless controls were using up battery power fast. One round of fresh batteries died 4 days after putting them in at halftime of fifa match on live. Just before it happened PG3 froze on startup then a second time straight after on an xbox360 logo that i hadn't seen before, and then on the 3rd attempt it was the red lights. Been in contact with Microsoft and now i just have to send it away. They pay for all the postage and everything so I'm happy.

glad I spent money on ram instead of a 360 now :D

and no my ram didn't cost as much as a 360, I just didn't have enough money for both which is a big drawback when you don't have a job

I definitely don't regret buying my 360 though.

same with my ram :) 1gb now if only I could upgrade the processor on this freakin laptop 1400mghz...

Turns out my xbox fixed the problem itself. I went to check if there was any disks in the drive before i sent it away and all of a sudden its working fine again. I sent it away anyway because Microsoft had given us the stuff to sent it with anyway.

Oh dear, this is really gonna be the ammo the Sony fanboys have been looking for. Mind you it may give the dominant 360 fanboys a reason to shut up about the PS3 being so bad.

Not really. Even with the hardware defect, the 360 still walks all over the PS3.

I definitely don't regret buying my 360 though.

I don't regret buying a 360 either, every game I've played on it has impressed me, even better since switching to a LCD TV. However the 360's failure rate does disappoint me though.

Turns out my xbox fixed the problem itself. I went to check if there was any disks in the drive before i sent it away and all of a sudden its working fine again. I sent it away anyway because Microsoft had given us the stuff to sent it with anyway.

I wouldn't be so confident, if your 360 has a hardware fault they don't just fix themselves.

I'm not saying its completely fine now, thats why i still sent it away. I just thought it was strange that for a number of days it wouldn't startup, and then all of a sudden it would load up a game like nothing was wrong

Not really. Even with the hardware defect, the 360 still walks all over the PS3.

Oh, don't go there. The 360 has its perks as does the PS3. It's a matter of preference, not superiority. The two biggest complaints about the PlayStation 3 right now are that it's too expensive and that it doesn't have enough games to be worth the expensive price tag. The price will drop eventually for the people who can't afford it (but somehow manage to pay for an XBOX 360 and a dozen games) and by 2008 there's going to be a array of new games that will make it worth the price tag (Metal Gear Solid 4). In the end though, the only people who think it's a game of superiority rather than a matter of preference are the fanboys.

It is kind of funny to me though that Microsoft tried so hard to get their system out first and now its having so many problems (remember when they use to catch on fire?) that they're having to actually having to officially announce that their product is defective. Ever since they announced that their systems are defective their 360 sales dropped 60% and the whole ordeal is costing them over $1 Billion.

I have a XBOX 360 myself, but I haven't had the Red Ring of Death yet. The worst I've had is that occasionally a game will freeze or I'll get an error saying that the disk can't be read even if it's a brand new game straight out of the package. Chances are I'll send mine back to MS just to get it fixed for that alone.

The two biggest complaints about the PlayStation 3 right now are that it's too expensive and that it doesn't have enough games to be worth the expensive price tag.

The PS3 has games?? :P