Sonic

YouTube BBCodes Widescreen/Standard & Other Embeddable Videos

You can easily embed YouTube videos directly into your posts using the YouTube BBCode. The video will display in the widescreen aspect ratio or standard 4:3 ratio depending on the code you use.

Also take not that you should only post the Video ID only. This can be found in your browsers address bar at the end of a link to a YouTube video, EG "i_zl_VN1Nk". You can see a sample in the screen shot below.

Z4qy4.png

Notice that part that is circled in red, that's the only part you need to copy and paste between the YouTube BBCode tags. Don't copy and paste the full link/URL to the video. Don't use the embed code given to you on video pages at YouTube. Only the Video ID is required.

The BBCodes are.....

16:9 WIDESCREEN:

[youtubewide]Video ID Here[/youtubewide]

You can type the code yourself or on the post/reply topic page look at the Quick Access menu, click on Insert: Insert YouTube 16:9, you will be prompted with the following text.....

Enter the YouTube Video ID below, this can be found in your browsers address bar at the end of a link to a YouTube video, EG "i_zl_VN1Nks"

Copy and past the YouTube video ID and click OK. If it works you should end up with this.....

4:3 STANDARD:

[youtube]Video ID Here[/youtube]

You can type the code yourself or on the post/reply topic page look at the Quick Access menu, click on Insert: YouTube 4:3, you will be prompted with the following text.....

Enter the YouTube Video ID below, this can be found in your browsers address bar at the end of a link to a YouTube video, EG "i_zl_VN1Nks"

Copy and past the YouTube video ID and click OK. If it works you should end up with this.....

Additionally, there are other embeddable videos from other video hosting sites that can be used on our forums. They are listed below. They are not seen on the Quick Access menu because YouTube is the most common.

Gametrailers

[gt]Video ID Here[/gt]

ModDB

[mdb]Video ID Here[/mdb]

Ooyala

[ooyala]Video ID Here}[/ooyala]

GameSpot

[gs]Video ID Here[/gs]

Dailymotion

[dm]Video ID Here[/dm]

Edited by Sonic

Wow, that is seriously awesome :nod:

Guest Spartan-117²

Your spoiling us Sonic.

Otherwise, Keep up the Good work

The YouTube BBCode has been updated slightly. The videos are bit larger, the controls below the video have changed to a light blue colour, and lastly once the video has finished playing the related video list is not displayed any more.

Please note that this change only works on YouTube videos posts from this point on. Older videos that have been posted remain unchanged.

I like it, it is much better now.

Please note that this change only works on YouTube videos posts from this point on. Older videos that have been posted remain unchanged.

Looks to me like the old ones changed, too.

They haven't changed. Your probably seeing a few of the more recent posts I manually updated myself. I can tell the forums to automatically rebuild post data but its not worth the time telling to go through and update over 129000 posts for some videos.

They haven't changed. Your probably seeing a few of the more recent posts I manually updated myself.

Probably.

Is there a simple and easy way to add youtube videos to my fav's in my actual youtube account?

That was a feature I've always wanted, but I assumed it was nothing to do with you...

Is there a simple and easy way to add youtube videos to my fav's in my actual youtube account?

That was a feature I've always wanted, but I assumed it was nothing to do with you...

And this question effects these forums in what way? :confused:

I was impressed by the enhancement you did with youtube, so I mentioned a feature I've always wanted but assumed it wasn't possible... just in case it was possible. Secondly I thought if I posted the question, someone clever might know of another way to add to my youtube favourites other than copying the url into another tab or manually searching for the vid...

Use the favourites button on the YouTube video page.

favpa3.png

Of course you need a YouTube account for this to work.

Sorry missed your repy...

I'm obviously not making myself very clear... sorry English is my first language! :)

I know how to add youtube videos to my favourites on the youtube site itself.

Is there a way to add youtube videos, posted on the cncnz forums, quickly and easiely to my youtube favourites account - other than turning on the ytoutube site and finding the videos again????

I have updated the YouTube BBCode posting method to clarify the procedure for some people who seem to have trouble when it comes to embedding a YouTube video in their posts. Simply follow what I have explained in the original post above and you shouldn't have any problems.

I saw someone use a green window too. It looked really cool.

For the first time in a long time the YouTube BBCode has been updated. It now uses the IFRAME code that YouTube introduced recently.

New Code:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="635" height="382" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rn6oXhpkP-0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Old Code:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rn6oXhpkP-0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rn6oXhpkP-0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The code is smaller and more user friendly. However here on the forums you don't have worry about that. The process for embedding your YouTube videos is the same as before. Just make sure your using the correct code for 16:9 widescreen videos and 4:3 standard videos.

Only new videos posted from today will use the new YouTube code, older videos remain unchanged. Although I have gone back and manually updated some of them in the Command & Conquer 365 - News forum.