Jump to content
Sonic

GameStop's Exclusive Red Alert 3 Skirmish Map

Recommended Posts

If your planning on getting your copy of Red Alert 3 from GameStop you will get a special bonus in the form of a GameStop-Exclusive Dreadnaught Alley skirmish map. Capturing this building in the game with an engineer will give an economy boost.

 

gsmap.jpg

Personally I'd rather blow it up with some Apocalypse Tanks or something like that. Click here for more details.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok... in my opinion, that is just stupid.

Share this post


Link to post

I appreciate the novelty factor but I don't understand why they always use maps as "bonus" feature.....oh wait yes I do, because its cheap and easy.

Share this post


Link to post

Hehe... I pre orderd my Premier from Gamestop... But can't like un order this "extra"...

Share this post


Link to post

Ha! This is inspiring... I can imagine a scenario... EA need to release a single player map with this mission briefing:

 

Good morning commander, General Apoc reporting live from EALA...

 

As you are aware the Soviets are pushing south from San Francisco, and have mysteriously stopped in the LA district of Burbank. A few hours ago, we sent allied spies in to find out why the advance had stopped.

 

The situation is dire commander. They were all killed, ruthlessly murdered by an unknown enemy not our own. Both Premier Cherdenko, and Emperor Yoshiro have informed me this is not an accident.

 

**Live feed comes in from an Allied Spy** Commander! We're in trouble, it appears a mob of C&C community members are seriously upset! They took out the soviet army and commandeered their vehicles, and are on the move south. One of our colleagues has informed me that they plan to cross the Ballona creek, and destroy 2 buildings situated on Lincoln Boulevard in the west of the city... they appear mighty ******!! **Feed cuts off back to Apoc**

 

God damn it commander that's us! I'm calling in an MCV now. Set up your base around EALA, and dig in a defensive position. If EALA falls there will be no new C&C game, and that Beta key you have in your Premier Edition will be worthless! Damn, I knew I shouldn't have put my Ban Hammer down on those 200 disconnectors! I'm calling in Commander Raj Joshi to help alongside you, he says he has foundries to help you with this mission.....Go now commander!

 

That would be so cool.. Apoc if you're reading this... I called it! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Ok... in my opinion, that is just stupid.

Personally, I find it hilarious :D

Share this post


Link to post

Heh - I like this idea - it fits the definition of bonus material. It's not a selling point by any means, it would have to be some sort of non retailer/advertising this to make it appealing.

 

ie. NOD mission protect the convoy escorting mettalica who are performing a special show for the troops. And if you perform mission with all objectives complete you get the special exclusive music video with nod cgi in background.

 

I still think EALA should have produced a bonus rescue APOC mission in C&C... even as a customized, scripted skirmish map.

 

(reviewing 5 pages of news I've avoided!)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×