Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

FarCry

Has anyone played FarCry yet?

I just got it today and wow!!!! It really is great. The graphics look outstanding and I'm only running it on medium detail settings. It was a tad jerky on the highest settings.

GameSpot call it

"quite possibly the best single-player first-person shooter experience for the PC since Half-Life".

Full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/farcry/review.html

Guest Disposable Hero

No haven't got it (yet)...maybe 'll buy it if it's as god as they say it is......

I just finished Pandora Tomorrow. Quite the game :). On to FarCry next :D.

Pandora Tomorrow is better.

There is no denying that Pandora Tomorrow is one great game. Its short though....that train level is great to play but it really doesn't take that long to get through.

As for FarCry, the maps are so huge!!!

It sounds cool... but I'll need a new PC first :roll:

HA!! Been there, I got my new pc. Sonic, do you think it will play nicely on a Sapphire 9800 Pro, 1024 MB and 2,8 GHZ P4 HT, 1MB Cache?

Here are the system requirements for FarCry....

Minimum System Requirements Single Player Only

- Computer: AMD Athlon 1 GHz or Pentium III 1 Ghz (AMD Athlon XP 2000 / Pentium 4 2 Ghz recommended)

- Operating System: FarCry is supported on the following operating systems: Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.

- Memory: The game requires 256 MB of RAM.

- Controls: A keyboard and mouse are required

- Drives: 4 Gb of free space on hard disc are required to install and play the game. 4x DVD or 16x CDROM is required to install the game.

- Video: A 3D accelerator video card with support for DirectX® 9.0b and at least 64 MB of video memory is required.

- Sound: A DirectX®-compatible 16-bit PCI sound card is recommended.

For Multiplayer play only the following configurations are supported

Recommended System Requirements

- Computer: A 2 GHz AMD processor or better is recommended.

- Memory: We recommend 512 MB of RAM

- Drives: 4 Gb of free space on hard disc are required to install and play the game. 8x DVD or 32x CDROM is recommended to install the game.

- Video: A 3D accelerator video card with support for DirectX® 9.0b and at least 128 MB of video memory is recommended

- Multiplayer Connectivity: Access to UBI.com online gaming service, requires a low-latency, active Internet connection, rated at 64 Kbps upstream or faster. Multiplayer games played over a LAN require an active connection to a TCP/IP network. We recommend the use of cable or ADSL connection with 512 Kb/s in downstream and 128 kb/s in upstream.

High System Requirements

- Computer: A 3 GHz AMD processor or better is recommended.

- Memory: We recommend 1024 MB of RAM

- Drives: 4 Gb of free space on hard disc are required to install and play the game. 16x DVD or 32x CDROM is recommended to install the game.

- Video: A 3D accelerator video card with support for DirectX® 9.0b and at least 128 MB of video memory is recommended

- Multiplayer Connectivity: We recommend the use of cable or ADSL connection with 512 Kb/s in downstream and 128 kb/s in upstream.

Multiplayer Server Requirements

Dedicated Server

- Computer: A 2.4 GHz AMD processor or better is recommended.

- Memory: We recommend 512 MB of RAM

- Drives: 4 Gb of free space on hard disc are required to install and play the game. 16x DVD or 32x CDROM is recommended to install the game.

- Multiplayer Connectivity: We recommend the use of cable or ADSL connection with 512 Kb/s in downstream and 128 kb/s in upstream.

Non Dedicated Server:

- Computer: A 2.8 Ghz AMD processor is recommended

- Memory: We recommend 1 Gb of RAM, however we do not recommend connecting many players to a non-dedicated server.

Far cry is good stuff :) i downloaded the demo from www.gigex.com my pc just meats the high system specs! very hard game to run but its great im gonna get it but before that im gonna have to beat socom2 u.s navy seals!

Yeah! I can play it on high settings once I get it :D.

I can only wonder how good the multiplayer will be...

The multiplayer side of FarCry is rather basic, the guts of the game is the single player game.

Oh... I though the most games like this were the best in multiplayer

Guest manhat

no not yet but i bin hearing quite alote about it and it sounds very cool :wink:

Mine are:

C & C Generals/Zero Hour

Worms 3D

Emperor Battle For Dune

Medal Of Honor AA

IL 2 Forgotten Battles

C & C Tiberian Sun

And some others

Gamecube:

Zelda: Windwaker

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Super Mario Sunshine

ANything else?

Oh... I though the most games like this were the best in multiplayer

Not FarCry. They actually made a decent single player game. As you play through the missions you can choose multiple paths to take in most areas, unlike most FPS games theses day where you can only go one way.

FarCry has high replay value :thumbsup:

Cool

I got 007 Goldeneye om my old N64, the multiplayer is the best there.

Is Farcry out yet?

Thnknx, Sonic.

Now all I need is RainBow Six 3 and Pandora Tommorow, cuase they are also out for the PC, right? Or do they suck?

Heh, got FarCry last week.....am up to the level where you sneak into the building looking for Val, after she got pinned down.

im only on the mission where you first see the little mutant monkeys in the cave and they kill u with 2 swipes haevnt bothered playing till i get a Geforce 6800 cus my current card shows shadows as pink and the water dissapears sometimes.... :(