Luk3us

BattleCast Primetime 2.0 - Watch it Now!

The latest BattleCast Primetime episode has been posted on the Official C&C Site. A special guest host and C&C icon joins BattleCast Primetime's Raj Joshi to celebrate the announcement of Command & Conquer 4! We’ll unveil new screenshots and concept art from the game, plus the new C&C Announcement trailer. If that isn’t enough, C&C4 story lead Sam Bass arrives in studio for a full and in-depth interview on the story and mechanics of C&C4. Aaron "Apoc" Kaufman will break down the details for CommandCom and highlight some exciting new mods in the C&C community. Plus, an all-new BattleCast 10 featuring the best-ever Tiberium Universe matches, a new Command School with Greg Kasavin, and a kickass Kane’s Wrath Main Event featuring guest commentator and C&C 4 designer Jeremy Feasel.

You can even download it in full HD in 3 easy parts below.

dl_icon.gif

dl_icon.gif

dl_icon.gif

A replay pack of "The 10" is also available for download right here.

hehe i was right (once again :P) not saying in what dont gona spoil enything. :angel:

the truth is that after the explanation behind this huge change in CnC i am very pleased that as an idea is really really nice and will give the game a huge re-playability.

from idea to creation is a long way thought, so i will have to wait for any in game video from command-con in august, or other community members comments on that.

conclusion, the cnc 4 is gona be a very interesting game, and if they pule it all the way, they will have a unique game style in RTS that many will try to follow later on. :thumbsup:

p.s oh yea i forgot the new CGI in BCPT in intro was really cool and hi-tech Excellent job

p.s2 i also like the new style the show is taking place, not like a news report, but more like a company chat more relaxed and funny. i like that change they let people smile when the make jokes and it less in paper dialogs and more improvising and some standard guide lines. Roj is amazing and the new co-op too.

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Just added some extra info to the original post.

Just added some extra info to the original post.

Sonic is it true you will be this August in Germany for the CommandCom? (i am so close but i cant travel that month)

plz make sure you got your digital cammera ready, but most of all we would love some good quality ingame video and screenshots.

i hope you can stick a usb memmory stick in one of those pcs and press like hell the F12 ingame. also a video recorder instalation would be nice :) hehe

and all those info directly from the new speciall commandcom website! wow that was a Good idea from EALA.

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Sonic is it true you will be this August in Germany for the CommandCom? (i am so close but i cant travel that month).

No, I won't be attending CommandCOM. But CNCNZ.com will be represented there. Its all covered in this post announcing CommandCOM http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopic=12031.

oh ok Sonic.

now about the music, nothing strange to me.....Frank did the sound truck theme, ok

now here is a more interesting point! i think this is the new Nod Engineer for CnC4. you will see this poster behind Apoc in this episode.

what i like is that they are give the scorpion obelisk tale to allmost every Nod unit i have see so far....

NodEng4.png

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I have a feeling that is the C&C4's wacky engineer. I hate the looks.

Nice show, and surprising and logically speaking, it was great to see Joe Kucan in the show.

Nice makeover. One thing I find it strange was the GDI logos using blue from now onwards.

WHOW! Are they kidding me?! Yes, I know the episode rocks! But when the HD version is used without the SD version, I CAN'T download it, you want me to waste my bandwidth & tons of time just to watch the download going? It takes at least 2 to 4 days to get the whole 3 of them downloaded. :( No way! I want my SD back, please! PLEASE, I can't just waste my hard disk space just for a mere single long BCPT episode? Come on, not everyone are needed to enjoy such HD luxury, you know.

Edited by Silverthorn

@silver

4 days? what connection do you have anyway? i downloaded mine exactly when it was released yestarday and it took about 15min for each, with 1,5Mbyte/Sec download speed.

where do you live?

@silver

4 days? what connection do you have anyway? i downloaded mine exactly when it was released yestarday and it took about 15min for each, with 1,5Mbyte/Sec download speed.

where do you live?

Southeast Asia, my connection may say 100Mbits / sec, BUT that does not mean is super-fast like yours, when I was using Download Managers, all get is at least 50Kbits / sec, not very extremely fast, isn't it? I tried to download Part 1 of the HD file, it requires 7 to 10 hours of download time. Not to mention when I'm working and leave the computer & modem wide open and vulnerable to lightning storms and over-wasting my own electricity.

APOC thinks America, but he did not thinks the poorer countries with slower connections!

Edited by Silverthorn

I've let APOC know about this Silverthorn. I've asked him to reply in this thread.

Until then I keep on eye http://www.youtube.com/EA, BCPT episodes end up on their channel eventually.

Guest Stevie_K

Best episode yet. Really good.

Thanks Sonic, and well, the last month one did not make it there, or maybe I have forgotten.

But anyway, I hope the SD version or the Youtube version will be ready as soon as possible. ;)

Joe was a good co-host, he should do it again sometimes. :)

But the full episode... :unsure: Sam Bass interview was a bit disappointing(less jokes for next time).

It would be good to have a normal standard non-HQ download option. Not all computers can support that. :(

whait a min you have 100Mbps? and you cant download more than 50kbytes thats insane! i have 24 but i syncronize at 16-17Mbps, perhaps what you are seen is not your Internet Speed but your LAN speed lan has 10/100/1000Mbps!

Here is Greece mine speeds still consider expensive and slow.

It could be the ISP's gimmick. Some marketing strategy to make you choose their services, and when you found out it wasn't true 100mbps, you're pretty much pwned. Heard such stories before.

Anyways hoping APOC could release a regular non-HQ format for these slow internet connecting folks as well as extreme low processing computer users like me.

Edited by Malevolence

Too much Joe Kucan :/

Edited by Jarzka

Too much Joe Kucan :/

I think its alright. After C&C4 we wont see him around, its definitely logical to have him in BCPT if you want to see more of him.

ok now i am gona be bad, but hearing from here and the other official forums lots lots of people dont have a decent Computer with the power to play the CnC games in there full potention, i mean ok i understand that lots of people dont have lots of money but hey since CnC3 they could buy lots of cheap hardware, especially in our days where the system specs have some how stabilized.

a dual core processors arround 2,4ghz

and a medium - hig Vga

and 2-4 gigs of ram cost no more than 250-300 euros in our days and with 50 more you get a nice qualit Gigabyte Mobo and with total 400euros a Hard disk sata 2 and you are ready to kick ass.

all those complaing having problems with the RNA engine and playability issues 99% at least of them had terrible hardware and forgoten software or full of trojan system.

PC is not a Console, needs to be configured well and updated and keep it clean usually if you want it to perform well for log time.

i have my system now almost 2 years! and the only think that i have upgrade is my VGA from 8800GT over cloaked to Radeon 4850 512 toxic overcloacked, and that because the 8800GT was fried in a power supply problem. the rest of my system will keep on rolling for at least 3 years more! 5 years the same system and it Kicks ass. i payed once a good amount of money (because i need it for work and joy) but it payed its money of in sort time and i will keep it for the future O.S as well!

here is the details:

Primary system:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit (RTM+updates)

PSU 700watt Antec

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 3.0GHZ (1333fsb with ZalmanAIR)

4Gb DDR2 1066mhz kingstone hyperX

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (rev2.1 bios f12)

Saphire Radeon 4850 TOXIC 512mb overcloaded (latest bios + latest drivers) Pci-x 2.0

7.1 RealTek sound onboard HD

1Gb Lan RealTek

Sata2 WD 160 gb(Raid Stripe 80+80)

Sata2 WD 500 gb files

DVD-RW Nec

my point is that we should stop complain about EALA and technical issues when we dont have the pc to play it! minimum requirements is pointless in our days.

and also with a good cheap VGA and Media Player Classic Home Cinema Edition you can have superb HD Video decoding with no need of a super CPU! just a good GPU 8xxx 9xxxx

and radeon 3xxxx 4xxxx, starting from 30-50euros!

about the ISPs well there is a problem :(

Edited by Johnnyxp64

ok now i am gona be bad, but hearing from here and the other official forums lots lots of people dont have a decent Computer with the power to play the CnC games in there full potention, i mean ok i understand that lots of people dont have lots of money but hey since CnC3 they could buy lots of cheap hardware, especially in our days where the system specs have some how stabilized.

a dual core processors arround 2,4ghz

A Pentium 3, Athlon XP, or Pentium 4 chip, does it matter what ghz it runs?

and a medium - hig Vga

A what? I assume you are talking about Graphics Card. No use, whatever how good GPU you choose it won't work because the slow CPU will bottleneck it at the end of the day, rendering whatever mid-high end (e.g. 8800 GT to GTX 295) graphics cards you installed pretty useless in playing games

and 2-4 gigs of ram cost no more than 250-300 euros in our days and with 50 more you get a nice qualit Gigabyte Mobo and with total 400euros a Hard disk sata 2 and you are ready to kick ass.

It's not that simple, With that kind of CPU, one should expect the motherboard to be ancienty, 100% not of P45 motherboards era. Meaning, ram slot will probably be single channel, and support only of DDR or low end DDR2 rams, so upgrading rams will be deemed useless either way, such anicenty motherboards do not possess of SATA ports and HDD and CD-drives will be connected via an ancienty IDE cables, meaning slower transferring rate and such.

So in conclusion it isn't about just simply changing graphics card and changing rams, it WILL NOT work, trust me.

all those complaing having problems with the RNA engine and playability issues 99% at least of them had terrible hardware and forgoten software or full of trojan system.

PC is not a Console, needs to be configured well and updated and keep it clean usually if you want it to perform well for log time.

i have my system now almost 2 years! and the only think that i have upgrade is my VGA from 8800GT over cloaked to Radeon 4850 512 toxic overcloacked, and that because the 8800GT was fried in a power supply problem. the rest of my system will keep on rolling for at least 3 years more! 5 years the same system and it Kicks ass. i payed once a good amount of money (because i need it for work and joy) but it payed its money of in sort time and i will keep it for the future O.S as well!

here is the details:

Primary system:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit (RTM+updates)

PSU 700watt Antec

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 3.0GHZ (1333fsb with ZalmanAIR)

4Gb DDR2 1066mhz kingstone hyperX

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (rev2.1 bios f12)

Saphire Radeon 4850 TOXIC 512mb overcloaded (latest bios + latest drivers) Pci-x 2.0

7.1 RealTek sound onboard HD

1Gb Lan RealTek

Sata2 WD 160 gb(Raid Stripe 80+80)

Sata2 WD 500 gb files

DVD-RW Nec

my point is that we should stop complain about EALA and technical issues when we dont have the pc to play it! minimum requirements is pointless in our days.

and also with a good cheap VGA and Media Player Classic Home Cinema Edition you can have superb HD Video decoding with no need of a super CPU! just a good GPU 8xxx 9xxxx

and radeon 3xxxx 4xxxx, starting from 30-50euros!

about the ISPs well there is a problem :(

Well by looking at your specs, all I can say is... Good For You! Not everyone has the specs of your specifications. Most people probably have outdated rigs that are deemed too terrible to be upgraded either way, and by upgrading a complete overhaul is highly recommended, and by complete overhaul, not everyone has that money to do so.

What did I sum it up that a complete overhaul is required? After all it is the CPU chip and motherboard that is the main culprit, not the rams, the graphics card, the OS etc etc. By changing the chip, you have top change the motherboard, by changing the motherboard, you have to change the rams because the old ones are not compatible, and even if they are, they will slow the performance a lot. Graphics card is next, then you'll realised that HDD and a yellowish CD-drive has to be changed as well, and the best part the casing has to go because its not always the old casing could be that compatible with these modern parts. Therefore when you talk about upgrades its not that simple, its more about complete overhaul.

And saying that, what's stalling the majority of the fans? Why are they whining about the game not compatible and recommending non-HD stuff, because their computers cant achieve that and they do not have the money to do so. So what do you suggest, asking them to STFU and get lost because you have a better computer?

Edited by Malevolence

Too much Needs more Joe Kucan :/

Fixed that for you.

I didn't really feel that there was much new info in the BCPT at all. It was mostly just a rehash of what we already knew. I watched the interview twice.

whait a min you have 100Mbps? and you cant download more than 50kbytes thats insane! i have 24 but i syncronize at 16-17Mbps, perhaps what you are seen is not your Internet Speed but your LAN speed lan has 10/100/1000Mbps!

Here is Greece mine speeds still consider expensive and slow.

Mal is correct, it's not just a gimmick, Microsoft also gimmick on that too, they put the fake number on the outside while the real number is hidden from view completely. Imagine if you carve a statue, the huge rock you carved has tons of rocks you don't want, and the ending result is you get a smaller statue, that means you had wasted a lot of rocks just to perfect a smaller statue. Same case for my connection, 100Mbits / sec on the outside as seen on your Windows taskbar, but it's a lot slower like 100kb / sec (If connection left idle) or less on the inside. If we really have 100Mbits / sec as the real connection instead of the fake like I described, we can download whatever movies all in just 1 or 2 days rather than weeks or months.

Edited by Silverthorn