Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C Games & Windows 7

Windows 7, Microsoft's latest versions of Windows, launches in about a months time. The 22nd of October is the big day. So just how well do the currently released Command & Conquer games run while installed with Windows 7? CNCGEEK101 from CNC-247 has answered that question by doing some compatibility testing of his own.

• Command & Conquer: The First Decade

32-bit/64-bit confirmed working in Windows 7, you may need to setup RA2, Tiberian Sun, Firestorm, Yuri's Revenge to run in administrator mode.

• Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

32-bit/64-bit confirmed working in Windows 7.

• Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

32-bit/64-bit confirmed working in Windows 7

• Command & Conquer Red Alert 3

32-bit/64-bit confirmed working in Windows 7 (make sure you deauthorize this game via the RA3 Control Center before jumping to Windows 7)

• Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising

32-bit/64-bit Confirmed working in Windows 7 (make sure you deauthorize this game via the Uprising Control Center before jumping to Windows 7)

More details can be found here.

ok people one more VERY important thing:

in Windows 7 (as like Vista before) in order to get the MAXIMUM Compatibility and Performance in your games, make sure you have previously or after Install the Latest Direct X 9.0c, YES thats right Direct X 9.0c DLL library files are NOT all of them includeed in your OS.

most games install them BUT its NOT the latest! so make sure you download and install also the Direct 9.0c files from here or Microsoft.

it will also help you solve any video-shader problems you may have in windows 7 and Media Player Classic Home Cinema. it will decode your HD movies better.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

also this guide didnt say anything about the files .ini that must be correctly placed in your Documents directory for Example Zero Hour or Generals.

so make sure you also read this if you are going to play those games.

http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=167244

Edited by Johnnyxp64

C&C3, KW, RA3, UR has been working perfectly on my 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Windows 7 FTW! Now... where is my future DirectX 11 GPUs to SLI... :look:

No surprises at all, already knew most of them ran good on win7...

Seriously anyone who can get Generals running these days? I havnt been able to play it for years, though i did recenty getit to run, altough on a netbook so to few fps to get anything done in any reasonable time :P half speed or so... I think i see a pattern, for me Generals wont run on any dual core machine :( so wish that would be fixed...

No surprises at all, already knew most of them ran good on win7...

Seriously anyone who can get Generals running these days? I havnt been able to play it for years, though i did recenty getit to run, altough on a netbook so to few fps to get anything done in any reasonable time :P half speed or so... I think i see a pattern, for me Generals wont run on any dual core machine :( so wish that would be fixed...

:gen:

hey friend did you read my previous comment before posting this question? probobly not...

i am telling you in the last link how to run Generals in Windows 7 x64 and Vista x64 give it a try my instructions are very easy.

Well, since Windows 7 is really a service pack for Vista, everything should work just as well.

Well, since Windows 7 is really a service pack for Vista, everything should work just as well.

You're so edgy, I cut myself reading this post.

Windows 7 has pretty fantastic compatibility, everything seems to run fine over here. LevelEdit even errors less catastrophically, and will not artifact your desktop and taskbar even during normal operation anymore.

RA3 is really a service pack for C&C3! emot-haw.gif In all seriousness it's a ****ty argument to make and I can't believe people would say it unironically.

Due to all the "off-topic" posts I have deleted them since I don't really like closing news threads. Plus stay on topic in news threads.