Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Community News Round Up

Its still early in the new year but things are still happening around the Command & Conquer community. Here's a quick round up of the latest news.

• CnCNet: After some downtime, CnCNet is back up running. What is CnCNet? Its an unofficial (as in not supported by EA) tool created by some C&C fans for the original Command & Conquer that allows you to play "network" games over the internet.
  • C&C Sector: I should have posted this last week. For those who don't know yet C&C Sector is a new site in our community. What was once known as Command & Patch, has been given new life under the C&C Sector name but still run by Nathancnc.
  • CNC Saga: Enter their new contest to win an autographed photo of Joe Kucan and Raj Joshi.
  • C&C Comm Center: If you want some maps for the original Command & Conquer then take a look at C&C Comm Center. During the Christmas/New Year break a few maps for C&C were posted.
Recent mod releases....

:ren:

: Cold Fusion Patch v1.3.1

:cc3:
: Version 1.5 (
)

:cc3:
: Version 1.4 (
)

:zh:
: Version 1.3

I want to make these Community News updates a more regular occurrence than they have been in the past. But they are very time consuming to piece together. You can help speed up the process by sharing your own community news with CNCNZ.com. Simply post it our Community News forum or send us an e-mail. It will be included in round up just like this one.

WTF is this about Red Alert Millenium? You can't be serious... You know it's a rip-fest, right? It contains the following:

- A re-branded Final Alert 2 YR

- A re-branded Red Alert 2 YR

- A re-branded version of It Came From Red Alert

- A Version of NPatch

All of which were not created by oztronix. He's even distributing an illegal version of Red Alert 2. :thumbsdown:

You really should check these things before you post about them. He's taking full credit for things he had pretty much absolutely no part in. Even the credits section in Final Alert 2 have been changed to his name, anyone with half a brain who has Final Alert 2 will tell you that he's changed the credits...

Edited by Aro

WTF is this about Red Alert Millenium? You can't be serious... You know it's a rip-fest, right? It contains the following:

- A re-branded Final Alert 2 YR

- A re-branded Red Alert 2 YR

- A re-branded version of It Came From Red Alert

- A Version of NPatch

All of which were not created by oztronix. He's even distributing an illegal version of Red Alert 2. :thumbsdown:

You really should check these things before you post about them. He's taking full credit for things he had pretty much absolutely no part in. Even the credits section in Final Alert 2 have been changed to his name, anyone with half a brain who has Final Alert 2 will tell you that he's changed the credits...

How you can be so sure? RA2 isn't officially free by EA except the original RA1.

Now for Tiberium Essence and Mideast Crisis 2.... both are very good mods for CNC3.

Download and see for yourself. :rolleyes:

creditfraud.jpg

Last time I checked CNCNZ didn't support Warez or theft. In the readme of the download there is a tiny mention of Daz (the actual creator of It Came From Red Alert) though all mentions of EA and Westwood and the REAL authors of Final Alert 2 have been eliminated. Surely I don't need to state more...

RA2 isn't officially free by EA except the original RA1.

Erm, which is EXACTLY my point. He's distributing an illegal copy of Red Alert 2, what more is there to say!?

Edited by Aro

RA Millenium guys have left you in the dust, and you know it, he, he...

Worst of all, they did it with so much quality, that you can't stand it.

Also: I like the mod so much, that I will say: shame on you, for this post,

and administrators too, since to have a membership here, you all signed

that "you will not use any offensive, flaming, or abusing language,

towards anyone" ?

CNCNZ: you should know better than this, and not allow these kinds of flaming threads...

SO, for this thread - to CNCNZ: minus

and to all members here who abused RA Millenium guys: minus from me, as well.

I have no part in this, RA Millenium guys, and GO AHEAD, we love your game,

and can't stop playing it, have many friends as well, and will recommend !

:thumbsup:

Edited by theunderground

You're lucky to be getting this much acknowledgment from me, but I have to call you stupid for posting such a statement. Clearly you're unfamiliar with who I am and my works. :huh:

towards anyone" ?

You don't have to hate the mod to see that it's just a pile of asset theft. And do you know that hypocrisy is a sin? You've just signed up to make your one post and it's one of the most idiotic and hypocritical things I've ever read, you get my congratulations for that much.

I'm sorry but it's not a rip, if it was, the quality would be lower.

No, not at all. It's not hard to rip an entire mod which maintains its quality and claim it as your own, albeit giving a tiny, tiny mention to the original author. Are you blind or did you not see the screenshot I posted? If not, here it is for you again.

creditfraud.jpg

And here are the ORIGINAL Final Alert 2 Credits:

fa2credits.jpg

The authors of the works that made it up to R.A.M. were properly credited, and seriously, I just lol'd at the credits - AT LAST someone manages to make sliding credits something funny.

I highly doubt someone would think editing the credits would hide the original authors, they ARE credited (esp. Westwood) and I don't mind if they aren't credited everywhere.

Don't make me laugh. Changing the original authors online nicknames is equally as bad as changing full names (as is what was done with the Final Alert version that was included), you can't just go around changing credits and ignoring original authors, it's called theft. And I don't care that you don't care about people not being given credit they deserve, that just makes you an ignorant person.

Have you ever tried making a mod may I ask? Judging from your attitude I'm assuming no, you don't appreciate the amount of work that goes into mods and total conversions, anyone in the right mind who worked as hard on a project as Daz did for his ICFRA mod would be well beyond pissed off for it being both Modified and distributed elsewhere without being given proper credit or even recieving permission to do so, and of course it being stolen.

And no one's re-distributing RA2 here. If you want RA2, you either buy it or google for a torrent. Now, if you want something different than RA2, with different content and a different purpose, then you need the art that only original ideas by new authors can provide.

According to some of my Colleagues whom have downloaded the (Cough-Ripfest-Cough)mod and my own eyes, R.A.M. contains an illegally distributed version of Red Alert 2. It's funny how the two of you have only signed up to try and defend the mod with no actual evidence at all. You're both just misguided people.

Edited by Aro

Aro, in my oppinion: you are wrong.

If you properly read, and wanted to hear what RAM team has to say (as they did on their

web page) and their disclamer in full, you will never made this flaming thread,

or go accuse for any stealing RAM guys, as you do.

They have stated publicly what-and-why they did, and game editor is re-engineered

especially for RAM, therefore: they DO have the right to put anything they want

in the credits, without need to know "how you are" and "your works" as you put it,

on this thread. What da hell you are imagining who you are, Aro ?

No one owns the community.

Also: That guy you call DAZ does NOT own any of the ART from Red Alert 1,

so how does he owns the copyright on what anyone can do today with it ?

I only see in RAM: Red Alert 1 art which none of modders owns anyways, honestly,

and also - is a free art now, since RA1 is a free game now, SO IT'S game ART, as well,

so RAM guys are not guilty of anything at all, and I honestly (after playing) their

concept is so different than what DAZ (though: different idea) did.

RAM is not hijacking the ICFRA and those are 2 completely different mods, so

we should have them both supported, and what you did- is not the way to go,

count me out of your whitch-hunt you started, thanks.

You should support these guys, instead of spitting them without having read

their statement or contacting them, before you spread the accusations like this.

And not long before RA2 will be the freeware, as well, since all of that is ABANDONWARE,

anyways today, so why so badly you want RAM guys attacked ? (what's your agenda ?)

You can't be more wrong about RAM, and you guys should erase this thread asap in

my oppinion. Thanks.

Oh look! Another new member trying to tell me I'm wrong when I'm clearly not. How convenient!

If you properly read, and wanted to hear what RAM team has to say (as they did on their

If you tried using your brain for once in your life if you even have one you'd see that I'm not wrong with what I say, are you blind or just stupid?

They have stated publicly what-and-why they did, and game editor is re-engineered

in the credits, without need to know "how you are" and "your works" as you put it,

on this thread.

I don't care what statements they've made, the fact is they're wrong in what they've done. Let me get my favorite line from the little installer.

"-SOME art content used is copyright of someone known only as "DAZ""

Some art? All the models and voxels I've seen are property of Daz and It came from Red Alert and no-body has any right to take any credit for that work other than Daz himself and whomever helped him. Don't even go there with the whole "Nobody cares about credits thing", You're just as ignorant as the other two posters, you all sound very alike I must say. Issuing people with proper credit is not a maybe but a must.

What da hell you are imagining who you are, Aro ?

I R Not Speak Gibberish, sorry. :(

No, Daz does not own any Red Alert 1 art, who said he did? He does however own tons of the graphics used in this... mod. The sidebars, voxels, models, SHP's and just about everything else. Get your facts right before you start saying I'm wrong.

My God, you're stupid. Go educate yourself.

In future if you're going to argue against points like mine, at least have the evidence and basic knowledge to back up what you have to say. You're just typing down a load of nonsense which I and hundreds of other members in the community will tell you is wrong.

Lets see what other new member signs up with incorrect points, go on, make my day.

Actually what they are doing appears to be complete bull**** and at best comes off as an uncredited derivative work. At worst, it comes off as blatant theft and rebranding of the hard work other people poured their effort into over a period of years. Pointing this out isn't flaming, and I will give a huge "minus" to anybody who is willing to acquiesce.

Map editors, artistic works? Hah. Let's not even get into a "games as art" argument here, but do you believe for a ****ing second that Michael Vranic on his own completely re-invented the IsoMapPack/SHP/TMP/MIX compression? Do you think he completely rebuilt the XCC code on his own? How the hell anybody can defend that is beyond me. Look at the damned screenshot. "XCC code: Michael Vranic." Is there even a changelist with his amazing contributions to the cause?

So, after ten years, C&C 95 was made into freeware. We still probably have to get past Tiberian Sun and Red Alert was only released a year ago, before hitting RA2 as freeware. It is hardly abandonware when it is being actively sold right now by the publisher, and the sequel is selling like hotcakes. How can anybody be so intellectually dishonest as to push the crap some of you are trying to get us to swallow?

I'm sure the blind supporters would just love for us to all be punished and the threads covered up. Of course that's the case. Get out and never come back.

Edit: I love how dagamer's avatar is just a screenshot of APB ripped off ModDb. The watermark is clearly visible. If games and their screenshots are art, I gotta let you know chief, you're stealing art!

Edited by Chronojam

Aro doesn't speaks gibberish ?

What is this than:

"I don't care what statements they've made, the fact is they're wrong in what they've done."

Aro, when you step off your cloud 29 (wherever that in the sky is) you'll come to agree

with the truth that no one owns the community, so not you either, and you are not to say

what is right or wrong, to all people who don't list under your little black dictator's flag.

Also, for making your day: RAM guys are acknowledged by the EA, and you're obviously

not ? Is there the cause of your problem, or the fact that caused you the blindeness, as

you say ?

You see: in the COMMUNITY - as you state, everyone is allowed to speak, but in yours -

obviously not ? Is that what we have here with you ? (poor your followers, than)

Also, for making your day, did you ever released Twisted Insurrection properly,

and completely ? Looks that you exactly are without any mode released ?

OK ?

AND, ANOTHER STATEMENT FROM ARO THE GREAT, TO ALL SLAVES:

"You're lucky to be getting this much acknowledgment from me,

but I have to call you stupid for posting such a statement.

Clearly you're unfamiliar with who I am and my works"

This is the only correct thing you've said here, even though it's horribly written though I'm going to assume English isn't your primary language so I'll let you off.

What is this than:

"I don't care what statements they've made, the fact is they're wrong in what they've done."

Lrn2read.

Aro, when you step off your cloud 29 (wherever that in the sky is) you'll come to agree

with the truth that no one owns the community, so not you either, and you are not to say

what is right or wrong, to all people who don't list under your little black dictator's flag.

Underground, when you step off the podium of idiots you'll come to realize that you and your little friends here are talking complete crap. If either of you have ever tried making any art that some of us modders are capable of you'll understand why this is such a big ****ing deal. I'm not going to repeat myself saying that you're wrong and stupid, just get it into your thick skull. I don't own the community, no, but I do own whatever art I have produced and Daz has 100% ownership over his art etc.

You see: in the COMMUNITY - as you state, everyone is allowed to speak, but in yours -

obviously not ? Is that what we have here with you ? (poor your followers, than)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you, but your opinion is wrong and idiotic. As for my beloved Twisted Insurrection, when I do get around to releasing it, it'll have the best .MIX protection there is to stop thieving people like you from getting your hands on mine and my teams art-work. I work hard on my Mod(s) and wouldn't appreciate all the unique work I and my team have produced to be thrown around to thieving little know-nothings and have it ripped.

Believe me, you are lucky to be getting this much acknowledgement from me, normally I overlook idiots like yourself but this is a special case.

Underground, Martin, ether of you ever mod? Ever even looked at the modding community before? Obviously you don't know Aro, so you can't have hung around PPM. Ether way, I will say this: This is not quality, and I do not take kindly to the implication that he has left us in the dust.

@ theunderground - Mod for a few weeks, maybe a month or two. If you have any natural skill, then by that time you can do what RAM did. Maybe even better. I dare you to spend that time working your ass off on a mod you care about, then to repeat your remark about 'us not being able to stand it'. Go ahead. Try it.

@ Martin - Going out of ones way to remove the credits of another's work as to claim it as your own goes beyond patents or IP. It is an act of theft. Not of the product, but of the time and work that went into making it.

@ dagamer - I'm sorry to not have included you from the beginning, but your post came after the previous was written. You dare say that Daz owns no rights to his own labour? The hell man?

Was going to write more, but new posts keep popping up. So I end it here.

www.MySpace.Com/AroTheGreat

"To put it simply, I'm a guy that just don't care. ?

My real name is not Aro, but it may as well be. ?

I have a great life with a great family and a great set of friends.

I'm an experienced Photoshop artist with plenty of free time on my hands.

I have a very varied taste in music.

I'm a beer loving cigarette smoking party animal. ?

I'm living proof that the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' is true. ?

I have the worlds shortest temper and very little patience. (see: http://forums.cncnz.com )

I don't tolerate idiocy or betrayal. I Am Aro! ?

If you wish, add me on M.S.N. - [email protected]"

hmm, ok, Aro Te Great, (whatever your true name, and your gigantic works),

I will add you on my msn, my nerves are in good standing, since I don't drink, but I

understand the people who do, and who are very nervous.

(relax, it's a community...)

Changing the subject now are we? Thanks for proving my point.

And, "Droke" you are obviously having a reading problem ?

Where in this post you see me saying this:

"Daz owns no rights to his own labour?"

Droke, I never said that, and what I said is (again, for you):

NO ONE OWNS THE COMMUNITY (get over it)

NO ONE OWNS THE RA1 ART - it's free for all now.

"Droke": never quote me incorrectly like this, again, please.

and thanks.

and thanks.

Could the mods please arrive and remove this troll? Nobody takes his crap seriously.

I didn't quote, quotes have little things called quotation marks. Like what you used around my name.

You said, and I quote: "That guy you call DAZ does NOT own any of the ART from Red Alert 1". I took this to mean that he, by your logic, doesn't have a right to his RA1 based work. Was I mistaken?

I find it funny, too, that you said not to misquote you again, but that comment was to "dagamer". Does this prove the theory that your using multiple profiles?

Another interesting little thing. The creator of this rip-fest goes by the name 'Oztronix' whom was banned on Project Perfect Mod a while ago. Strangely enough he was banned for ripping and having a "Crediting people is evil" attitude, it would be wise for CNCNZ to do the same.

The fact is, "Red Alert: Millennium" has stolen authorship form it's actual makers!

Guest Stevie_K

I don't think Sonic is to blame for posting this as news in any way. He's just keeping the people here at CNCNZ informed. As far as I think, Sonic doesn't download all the mods to look at the credits.

Although after Aro's posts, the Red Alert Millennium should be removed imo.

Sadly more situations of teams ripping each others work and art is showing up, which is really sad.

Respect to people like Aro for bringing this up. It ain't fair in any way to just "stamp" your name on work you didn't do.

So much crap caused by 1 line of text. Anyway the Red Alert Millennium link has removed from the news post.

And no, I don't download and check every mod. I saw the news about Red Alert Millennium on Planet CNC, I included in my round up. At CNCNZ.com we don't support warez or stolen work.

Jesus. Where the hell did they come from?

Anyway... Back on topic: Has anyone tried Mid-East Crisis recently? Opinions etc?

How you can be so sure? RA2 isn't officially free by EA except the original RA1.

Now for Tiberium Essence and Mideast Crisis 2.... both are very good mods for CNC3.

We're 100 percent sure. He even says on his ass of a website "CREDITS TO DAZ." Daz created ALL of the art, he did not author FinalAlert2, did not author Red Alert 2 (barring its bad code) and definitely did not write any of the decoding for any of the file formats in RA2.

towards anyone" ?

CNCNZ: you should know better than this, and not allow these kinds of flaming threads...

SO, for this thread - to CNCNZ: minus

and to all members here who abused RA Millenium guys: minus from me, as well.

I have no part in this, RA Millenium guys, and GO AHEAD, we love your game,

and can't stop playing it, have many friends as well, and will recommend !

:thumbsup:

If you call stealing quality, by all means, go ahead. However, that does not change the fact he flat stole ****ing everything, labeled it as his own and we all know that stealing is frowned upon in the modern world. This is not pirate times so pillaging is definitely not okay. How can you defend an obvious thief? Are you oztronix, who is a known asset thief or just another ignorant troll?

I'm sorry but it's not a rip, if it was, the quality would be lower. The authors of the works that made it up to R.A.M. were properly credited, and seriously, I just lol'd at the credits - AT LAST someone manages to make sliding credits something funny.

Well, you see, Daz had this thing called talent, which oztronix sorely lacks so he resorts to stealing because he's jealous of everyone who does have real talent. Since Daz had talent, the quality improves by miles. It's a well known fact that oztronix is a ****ing art thief and all around dip****.

I highly doubt someone would think editing the credits would hide the original authors, they ARE credited (esp. Westwood) and I don't mind if they aren't credited everywhere. If I wanted to read EULAs and the like, I would be a lawyer.

You can provide all the credits you want but that does NOT MAKE IT OKAY TO STEAL ANYTHING. He needs expression written permission from all parties to even make this public. There is absolutely nothing difficult about this concept. At all.

And frankly, I don't believe patents and "intelectual property" were invented to restrict artistical works. Their intention was to protect authors (and they never did that, in fact), not to restrict "consumers".

Oh, so if you create something that took years, I can just come steal it and call it my own? ****ing awesome. Invent something so I can steal it like oztronix did!

So, giving me patch tools and weirdly-named files in the sake of some boring lawyer just because I want to play a game that brings me back memories is MUCH worse than a handy complete installer with shortcuts and everything and not giving a damn to who wrote what EULA.

If you want Red Alert, download the real game. Millennium is a goddamn mockery of Red Alert, Red Alert 2 modding and anyone oztronix stole from. Thank god he was too dense to leave the first letter in lower case. I have nothing but utter contempt for this dirty little thief.

And no one's re-distributing RA2 here. If you want RA2, you either buy it or google for a torrent. Now, if you want something different than RA2, with different content and a different purpose, then you need the art that only original ideas by new authors can provide.

He did not make a damn thing. It's ALL stolen. Every single bit of it.

Aro, in my oppinion: you are wrong.

on this thread. What da hell you are imagining who you are, Aro ?

No one owns the community.

I only see in RAM: Red Alert 1 art which none of modders owns anyways, honestly,

and also - is a free art now, since RA1 is a free game now, SO IT'S game ART, as well,

so RAM guys are not guilty of anything at all, and I honestly (after playing) their

concept is so different than what DAZ (though: different idea) did.

You should support these guys, instead of spitting them without having read

their statement or contacting them, before you spread the accusations like this.

And not long before RA2 will be the freeware, as well, since all of that is ABANDONWARE,

anyways today, so why so badly you want RAM guys attacked ? (what's your agenda ?)

You can't be more wrong about RAM, and you guys should erase this thread asap in

my oppinion. Thanks.

Stealing is not allowed. He does not have permission to reproduce anything. That's all there is to it. oztronix is 100 percent in the wrong.

What is this than:

Also, for making your day: RAM guys are acknowledged by the EA, and you're obviously

not ? Is there the cause of your problem, or the fact that caused you the blindeness, as

you say ?

OK ?

He speaks not the gibberish. You, however, speak moron since you don't have a clue.

hmm, ok, Aro Te Great, (whatever your true name, and your gigantic works),

I will add you on my msn, my nerves are in good standing, since I don't drink, but I

understand the people who do, and who are very nervous.

(relax, it's a community...)

If I were him, a big fat block is in order.

The RAM mod is not my, and I have nothng to do with it, but

the oppinion I expressed is my, and is there to stay.

Your opinion is wrong, pure and simple.

and thanks.

Daz recreated the Red Alert style for ICFRA and oztronix blatantly stole it. He is stealing, plain and simple.

I hope you numbnuts realize that I can send all of your asses to block heaven. So much so that you wouldn't even get to SEE CNCNZ again. I suggest shutting the **** up before I take preventive measures.

Now that most of us know this problem, someone (maybe EA) might sue and accuse the developer of that rip off RA2 mod for copyright infringement. IMO right now, he's a big disgrace to the CNC community.

Now back on topic.

I have already played short skirmishes on both Mideast Crisis 2 and Tiberium Essence. Overall, I think both of them have been major improvements. But I just wish that MEC2 has a third faction already done, it's just more maps to play with.

Edited by purplescrin