Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Firefox 3.6.6

Anyone using the newest version of Firefox notice that after prologned use, like a few hours, it really starts to eat into your memory?

Anyone using the newest version of Firefox notice that after prologned use, like a few hours, it really starts to eat into your memory?

Yeah, but nothing too different from the previous version really :P

I've always heard of Firefox having memory leak problems for years now but never once has it caused me any problems. I'm using Firefox 3.6.6 and its all good.

Firefox 4.0 beta is out now if you want to try that http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/beta/

All new fancy interface....

screen-tab-location.png

screen-firefox-button.png

Yeah its only been playing up in the last few weeks... I've installed this, AFOM addon, which seems to be working. Though many say it does nothing, whilst others say its a saving grace....

Hmm... I guess I'll just hope a patch of V4.0 is better. Cause I'm not changing to Chrome, whilst fast it lacks features.

I am still sticking to Firefox 3.0.19 since the browser runs a little faster than the recent versions. I may be planning to upgrade to Firefox 4.0 soon.

Edited by purplescrin

I have 3.6.6 and don't have any memory leaking issues, unless I have a window with more than a few tabs open at the same time.

Copying Opera much? I'll stay with my current version tyvm. =/

I think they addressed RAM issues a bit because I have noticed it uses less memory now than it did a few months ago. Or maybe I was running 3.5 then.. or maybe it was because I ditched 2-3 addons..