Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Goes Mobile

I'm not going waste time by arguing here. So I'll just return to my neutral, silent point of view.

Define "failed". As long as they are raking in the cash, they will not consider it a "failure".

Well, we can say it's not 100% a total failure, but we can say it's 50%. But think about it in the future as well as the future of C&C.

The game is a total failure, we hate it! The product is a success because EALA conned our pocket money out from people who have no idea behind C&C4's poor development and so forth. But take notice on the future, when more customers are conned over the poor product, they become smarter and will not look into C&C ever again unless it returns to its former glory or receive an honorable RIP. I did my homework, so I didn't buy one, no matter if it's a genuine copy or not. But there's more, if EA continues to produce more bad games from other franchises, existing fans will surely will not buy their bad products again either, rotten apples don't fall far from the tree.

Sure, EA may had stolen our money and continue to produce bad games, but one day, their sales will fall. Think EA as General Motors, their money keeps falling overtime. But EA is much worse, they'll do whatever it takes to keep on conning and clings onto it, and thus you see how stingy they are. Their games may have great trailers, but they (Not all of them) are total blunders, not just C&C, I heard Battlefield & Need for Speed as well. You will find out there are "C&C4 VS Starcraft 2" (including Hitler rants), Starcraft 2 won in terms of how they market as well as how much content they create, SC2 has CGIs, beautiful 3D models, etc.. Does C&C4 or a future C&C game have those? Highly unlikely. If I were a business investor, I rather ditch EA and invest onto Blizzard already.

So as usual, conning scheme, cash cow or whatever! Epic fail!

Edited by Silverthorn

I'm not going waste time by arguing here. So I'll just return to my neutral, silent point of view.

You do seem to get irritated with the way people have reacted to C&C4 though. Not asking you to "argue", but is it primarily because people are unfairly blaming the devs? or is it something else?

C12, we're not blaming the dev teams (Which we didn't realize it until then), most of them are under the main tyrannical control is by the EALA executives. Here's Greg Black's interview if you haven't read it, we thought it was the dev team's fault for all the stupid things they made, but it's time that wasn't on their side, and who did that, it's the money-loving executives. But luckily Greg Black already left EALA, and he has the freedom to spill the beans & show us the reality if we were in a company which is nothing but being a Scrooge.

http://www.cncsaga.de/foren/viewtopic.php?id=522

If the executives weren't in their way, our C&C games could have been very high quality like Starcraft 2, gameplay will be completely stable in terms of balancing, pathfinding, etc.., then we get to watch CGIs, etc.. too. You name it!

Edited by Silverthorn

Silverthorn,

You're preaching to the choir mate ;) . I've read all that stuff and if you read my earlier posts on this threat or more or less make reference to it. I'm just curious as to why Sonic seems to get so annoyed at everyone's reaction.

But yeah this quote:

"The important thing to know is that C&C4 was never meant to be a true Tiberium universe canonical game, but rather an experiment in online play. It originally started as out an Asian market online-only version of C&C 3. At some point the company executives decided it made the most business sense to add a single player campaign, call it C&C4, and put it in a box. The team of course protested this change in direction but the decision stood. The team did what they could to make a good game given the realities inside EA, but ultimately it was the product of a dysfunctional corporate culture."

pretty much sums up why myself and most of the C&C community now want EA management's blood.

Edited by Sonic

I wish I could say why about Sonic, but we can't right here, he's the Root Admin, if we cross him, we're screwed. ;) I think a PM will do, we can chat there privately.

I'm just curious as to why Sonic seems to get so annoyed at everyone's reaction.

It pisses me off because we have already done all this. Its been going on endlessly ever since C&C 3, RA 3 and C&C 4. The past 4 years people have just bitched and moaned about everything with the C&C name on it from EA. Yeah I'll admit they games haven't been that great, **** we even told the devs this face to face when I visited EALA in 2008 and last year when Koen went to CommandCom.

You have every right to say what you want about C&C 4, but when its already been said and done hundreds of times already it starts to become annoying.

I wish I could say why about Sonic, but we can't right here, he's the Root Admin, if we cross him, we're screwed. ;) I think a PM will do, we can chat there privately.

So you want to say bad things about me behind my back..... how nice I think :unsure:

I understand Sonic's boredom and irritation with endless rehearsal and repetition of certain points. I don't mind talking about the same subject for a long time, as long as we bring up new information or new points of view or discuss new revelations. It's just that certain viewpoints are *pretty* well established. This is a fansite not a haters hangout. Can't we just focus on the good stuff rather than the bad... I can do that and I hated C&C4.

The product is a success because EALA conned our pocket money out from people who have no idea behind C&C4's poor development and so forth.

BTW... there was an extensive BETA test for C&C4. Anybody could've tried before buying. There is absolutely no justification for the inference that we were conned out of our money. The only unknown was essentially the SP storyline...

It pisses me off because we have already done all this. Its been going on endlessly ever since C&C 3, RA 3 and C&C 4. The past 4 years people have just bitched and moaned about everything with the C&C name on it from EA. Yeah I'll admit they games haven't been that great, **** we even told the devs this face to face when I visited EALA in 2008 and last year when Koen went to CommandCom.

To be honest I wasn't really all that aware of the bitching with the other games... though that might be because I actually quite liked C&C3 and KW, so I never really visited the forums... if I had any gripes it was probably the disappearance of a Tiberium "environment" and that they wrote CABAL out - I just loved his evil voice. But I basically just had too much fun playing them to bother complaining.

TT was different; I actually felt cheated by EA. I suppose that's why I started trying to sus things out on these forums.

But yeah, if you've been hearing this for 4 years, I can totally understand why you're over it. Please forgive my ignorance on the community over the past few years as the last time I was on one of these boards was back when TS was in development lol.

if I had any gripes it was probably ... that they wrote CABAL out - I just loved his evil voice.

Never would have guessed you were fond of him/it... ;)

Sonic, I remember you have a record of your acts, both good & bad. Same case for some others, don't forget, there are people still do not like hardcore EA fanboys, which the reason why the hatred is simple, it's because those EA fanboys defend EA fanatically despite some very bad hiccups coming out from the C&C games, range from Generals till C&C4. I'm pretty you must have felt betrayed as well since I read your feedback regarding C&C4, some people thought they love the game, but I got the feeling it ain't gonna be. Sure, they can love the game, but the value of it will drop very very fast compare to other games like C&C3 & RA3, which their values only drops slowly. Starcraft 2's value, I don't know, will never drop?

And by the way, I felt very sad too when I saw you do not like what the Tiberian Eclipse mod is trying to do, it is the many betrayed C&C fans' last hope and you blocked the light instead. Coolness7 is giving us this last hope and yet you talk bad about that mod. You should be praising to that mod and they're giving us the cure to our C&C4 poison. Although this one now is months ago, I hope you forgive Coolness7, at least he did change the objectives to make it less insulting to EA. Although now the mod is too quiet because of Starcraft 2 addiction, they'll do whatever they can to get some progress to make mod to be our last hope of how to end C&C in the most proper of ways.

EDIT : Speaking of "but when its already been said and done hundreds of times already it starts to become annoying." The ONLY way to end this annoyance is this and I'm pretty sure that will put everyone to full silence, lay C&C in its coffin & we'll give the franchise an honorable RIP! Keep on telling to EALA and do whatever it takes, if they still say no, the annoyance will never stop. Bring a physical protest in front of their office (with police permission), keep fighting forward and then you'll succeed. Look at the Left 4 Dead 2 boycott, people can say it's a failure, but to be honest, that boycott is a success to me (There are boycotters who are not afraid to risk their Steam forum account in order to get Valve's attention). Without it, L4D2 could have been much worse like C&C4. But what about C&C itself, do we have a physical protest or boycott, no we don't, even if we did, we're still defeated and C&C is still not laid in its grave yet and I hate to say this, we're weak to protest strong enough, so do it harder & keep on die trying! :( So think about it, lay it RIP, or continue to hear the endless whining until we die.

--

Well, gben, the extensive beta test was ok, but I got the feeling the hatred to the change of C&C4 wasn't very much since EALA doesn't want to compromise their "beloved" game, and once it comes out, the conning happens and some people fell for it because they didn't read the C&C4 development carefully & took it very seriously. I did my homework, so I saved some pocket money. EALA also knew they should never ever release an SDK, if they do, fans will surely mod the game to remove the pop cap, crawlers, Tiberium from the skies, bring back the classic Tiberium harvesting, etc.. Anyway, the worse part which only insults even more is the mobile version of C&C4, like I said, EALA or not, the main EA company is still trying to extract cash out from the cow. *face palm*

Edited by Silverthorn

I know you think you're enlightening "fanboys" of the realities of the gaming business, but I think you're missing the point here.

It's not that we (or at least some of us) don't understand that "they're in it for the money", we just wish that in trying to make their money they could have a bit of care for what they're doing as well. This is why people are pissed. StarCraft fans get a product that is drawn out into 3 games to increase revenue (but really this is no different from sports games being released each year at full price with minor updates and improvements), but they also get one that the team creating it had a level of care and devotion that simply wasn't allowed in EALA due to the disconnect between the goals of the devs and EA central management.

I have no doubt that EALA would have produced a fabulous C&C4 had they been given the time, resources and creative autonomy. But they weren't. They were tasked with making a multiplayer title that management forced them to change into a full blown sequel at the last minute. THAT's the problem; there is no unity of purpose in EA. The devs pour their heart and souls into making these games, only to be blindsided by short sighted profit goals by central management.

So yeah, we know they're in it to make money, but that doesn't mean that EA's way of going about it isn't sh#tty.

SC2 is not a game divided into 3 games. It's a game and 2 expansions. SC2: WoL is not 1/3rd of SC2. They just didn't know how to make the story go on after the hybrid one and not add a new race or kill all the characters, so they took the story and made it longer and more detailed. WoL is SC2. They were going to make 2 expansions anyway, but didn't have enough ideas to add story elements after making the equivalent of 3 giant storylines (one for each race) into one game and have them shortened out. Blizzard didn't want to make us feel like everything's taking place at warp speed, like what happened in C&C4. (Did you guys even feel there was a war going on? It was shorter than Firestorm!)

Also, NO, this is NOT available for the iphone. This is a classic smartphone game and is not available for the iPhone. Heck, the iPod Touch could handle this game (2D). I think you guys should get the details correct. We live in a tech world, missing out on something like that is shocking.

Edited by Alex06

Guest Stevie_K
That is the right answer. I award you 15 NmenthRespect points. NmenthRespect.gif+15

Thanks I guess :)

It saddens me to see this arguing once again. What is done is done. Look back instead. No matter how many ridiculous games will get the C&C stamp printed on them I will always look back at the games of C&C that means something to me. I don't care if there ain't going to be any good C&C games in the future, or any C&C at all, that's not why I'm a fan of C&C. If I really cared so much about what they are going to do next, I would be cursing Electronic Arts as well.

To get some positivity back on-board I have this little video. It has all the answers if you ask the right questions.

Thanks I guess :)

With those and the price of a sandwich you could buy a sandwich... and get 15 NmenthRespect points in change.

Also, NO, this is NOT available for the iphone. This is a classic smartphone game and is not available for the iPhone. Heck, the iPod Touch could handle this game (2D). I think you guys should get the details correct. We live in a tech world, missing out on something like that is shocking.

Yeah I made a mistake. And like most errors in news coverage once the facts are confirmed they are corrected. All information found on CNCNZ.com is from reputable sources and believed to be accurate at the time of posting, CNCNZ.com shall not be held responsible for any actions caused by mis-information (if any) posted.