Sign in to follow this  
Roadkill

How to hack new music into RA95?

I'd like to add some new soundtracks to Red Alert, but afaik it can be done only by hacking the EXE file and editing counquer.eng string table. Any tips on modifying the EXE? Is edtitng some values with hex editor enough?

By "modifying the EXE" you mean using XCC Mixer, right? :huh:

EDIT:

It would also be helpful if you could name which version of RA do you have. Is it only the vanilla RA95, or do you have one of the expansions?

(I think I've figured out a way to import music to the vanilla RA and overwrite the existing AUD files in SCORES.MIX)

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

By "modifying the EXE" you mean using XCC Mixer, right? :huh:

I think the OP asked how to add new tracks, not how to replace existing ones. There's a project somewhere that aims to add the remixes of RA tracks that are only found in Sole Survivor and the console versions of RA, and I guess that Hyper might know something about it.

Actually, I meant to say I've found a way to import AUDs into the vanilla RA95 and replace stock ones for all versions (though not necessarily at the same time). I misphrased myself :rolleyes:

BTW, is XCC AUD Writer Plugin for Winamp compatible with the expansions?

the expansions? Why would the RA expansions have a different audio format from the normal game? WW used the same AUD format for its music tracks from C&C1 to TS.

And what Roadkill was asking was indeed how to edit the exe file to add additional tracks to the game. Which really isn't something you can give a guide for though... it requires a ton of hacking, which probably requires adding additional space to the exe, too.

it requires a ton of hacking, which probably requires adding additional space to the exe, too.

Gotta learn some hax :rolleyes:

Any tips on modifying the EXE? Is edtitng some values with hex editor enough?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gotta learn some hax :rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain there's a project that has the goal of adding remixed tracks and video briefings from Red Alert: Retaliation to the game, perhaps if you google that (sorry I can't remember where I read about it or if it is still active) and find this project, you could find useful info there.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the modding sub-forum?

Edited by MrFlibble

Well I could probably do it in an hour or so, but only on Hyper's enlarged exe file.