Sign in to follow this  
CraftManiac

Sluggish game and widescren related stuff

So I've got a new PC a while ago and I've installed RA:YR on it and it runs way to slow, unplayable slow. Is there any way I could solve the problem or just to deal with it?

I don't know what stuff is in my PC... I'll have to pester my brother for that.

And is there any way of playing it on a 16:10 monitor? I've tried the thingie with modifying the ra2MD.ini but it didn't work and I've also tried that program from RAden.

Patch YR to 1.001, set it to compatibility mode for Win98, run as administrator if you're using WinVista/7.

As far as ra2md.ini is concerned, the menus are never in a resolution other than 800x600 (unlike vanilla RA2). The game itself, however, is affected by that file

I forgot to mention that I can't find the ra2md.ini file at all.

EDIT: Whoopsie... seems like it popped out now when I installed the patch. Problem solved. :3

Edited by CraftYuriManiac

What.

Reinstall.

It's there by default, I think.

I installed it ages ago, might have done it myself back then. No idea what it does, either.

It disables the back buffer, herp derp. Anyway, it's for performance related issues. It helps the game use software instead of hardware, but I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that it helps with sluggish performance because Westwood sucks at using hardware instead of software for everything...

It helped. Now I must get used to non-laggy Red Alert 2...