Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Portable C&C Tsun

Now that Iran's Portable RA has been successful than all other modified RA versions with patches, I am wondering whether anyone in the C&C community can do a portable version of C&C Tsun (with all content in one without a CD and includes all recent patches from CHyper). Although C&C Tsun is now freeware, it's could be a long time before there will be an unofficial portable C&C Tsun these years.

Except for the fact that it doesn't run on some versions of Windows and doesn't mention CHyper's recent Hyperpatch (called the Tiberian Sun v.2.03 WaveClass patch)

I'll keep that website in mind.

Edited by zocom7

Except for the fact that it doesn't run on some versions of Windows and doesn't mention CHyper's recent Hyperpatch (called the Tiberian Sun v.2.03 WaveClass patch)

I'll keep that website in mind.

It was tested on Win7 x64. And for Win8 that not many sane people is likely to use, there is a thread with solutions and fixes. Man. Sniff around and you'll get your freakin' answers.

You need to run Tiberian Sun with administrator privileges the first time it's run, because it needs to do some kind of registration for BLOWFISH.DLL which it uses, afaik attempts to remove this requirement have been unsuccessful. See for example:

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27618 (read the whole thread)

Edited by Iran

You can try the latest version of my TS installer: http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller-beta7r4.exe

The only thing missing is making it run properly on Windows 8 and solving some issues with the external options program. (and moving the files it downloads to a better server).

It includes everything you ask for (HyperPatch etc.)

@Tore, the link you gave me is for the multiplayer with the option to download the rest of the SP content. However, the movie files I copied from the Tsun and Firestorm CDs do not load with the modified full release version that you released. Did you manage to combine all 3 movie files into one, because I really do not want to re-download such a huge movie file.

TFD and its rips don't read movies03.mix for some reason. Download the movies from the installer, as they've been adapted to bypass this issue.

@Tore, the link you gave me is for the multiplayer with the option to download the rest of the SP content. However, the movie files I copied from the Tsun and Firestorm CDs do not load with the modified full release version that you released. Did you manage to combine all 3 movie files into one, because I really do not want to re-download such a huge movie file.

That's odd because they should. I even tested it from my own TS CD's and it uses the original movies01.mix, movies02.mix and movies03.mix files if you choose to download them through the installer.

TFD and its rips don't read movies03.mix for some reason. Download the movies from the installer, as they've been adapted to bypass this issue.

This is not based on TFD as clearly stated in the readme (which is shown in the installer and in its own folder.

Edited by Tore

@Tore, if I used the original installation from the discs, apply the patches and used the no-cd crack on Tsun, the movies played normally without issues. I found out that both Tsun installation links I downloaded from your site won't load the in-game movies (which were from the discs).

Just... download the adapted movies pack, 'kay?

@Tore, if I used the original installation from the discs, apply the patches and used the no-cd crack on Tsun, the movies played normally without issues. I found out that both Tsun installation links I downloaded from your site won't load the in-game movies (which were from the discs).

Did you try that with HyperPatch?

Are you trying it with the old one (the one I still have at cnc-comm) or the beta of the new one I linked here (the one hosted on tore29.com). The one on cnc-comm is based on TFD and won't work properly with the movies from the CDs but the beta I linked to from tore29.com is based on normal TS FS (from the CD's) and uses HyperPatch with the NoCD patch Nyerguds made for TS and loads the movies from the CD's just fine.

Just... download the adapted movies pack, 'kay?

What adopted movies pack?

What adopted movies pack?

The one that's made as an optional download in the installer.

The only "adapted" movies pack is in the old installer on cnc-comm (the one I officially released) the beta I linked to from tore29.com doesn't use any adapted movies files as they are directly copied from the TS and FS CD's. (Their last edited date is 1999 for movies01.mix and movies02.mix and 2000 movies03.mix.)

Edited by Tore

Well, he's obviously using the CnC-Comm version.

The beta of the new version I uploaded on tore29.com is NOT based on The First Decade and uses the normal movies files.

The old officially released version on cnc-comm is based on TFD and requires the TFD movies files. Have you even read what I've been writing?

Beta of the new version (Normal TS based): http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller-beta7r4.exe

Officially released version (TFD based): http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

They download DIFFERENT files.

Well, he's obviously using the CnC-Comm version.

I'll take that as he using the beta one as he didn't mention using the cnc-comm one. The SP content isn't optional on the cnc-comm one. Edited by Tore