Johnnyxp64

Origin scam mail?

hi i just got this in my true origini email, why am i under the impression its a phising scam mail?
doesnt make any sense for personal informations to "expire"!
surely i didnt try to login at that website, even thought it look the same the address is far from legit, as their email.
but what do you think? did any of you also got any similar mails?

Origin customer suport <[email protected]>

Dear customer.
Your origin account contact information has been expired. Please refresh your contact information here:
http://***removed*** or your account will be blocked.
Thanks

i tried to post this on the official forums but there were not working properly.

Edited by Sonic
disabled link

You should probably report it to the real Origin guys so that they can warn other users.

Also, one may wonder where the scammers got the e-mail addresses of Origin customers. Shouldn't this kind of information be protected and no easily accessible by anyone? This might be indicative of a security breach.

This crap is everywhere. Not just for Origin. And it's obviously a scam. Basically because Origin/EA will never e-mail you asking you to change your login information. And your account never expires. In the event that you want change your Origin account information you do that at your discretion via the Origin software or Origin site.

There is only one thing to do with these types of spam e-mails.....

6m5vIMo.jpg

Also, one may wonder where the scammers got the e-mail addresses of Origin customers.

I doubt they did. If you send out a million emails, odds are pretty good they'll apply to some of the recipients.

When in doubt don't click email links, just go to the site proper and login.

Contact information here... ORIGINE. Fail But yeah maybe that link should be removed incase someone actual clicks it lol

maybe that link should be removed incase someone actual clicks it lol

I don't think most people are that dumb, but I disabled its clickability anyway. If for some reason someone wants to go there, the address is still mostly intact, it just has a space in it now.
  • Upvote 1

Correction, most people are that dumb, plain and simple. People will blinding click without reading what's in front of them.

• Upvote 2

an other one again now pointing to new russian domain with the sme fake u.i

http://***removed***

Edited by Sonic
Removed active link, we don't want the spammers crap on our forums please.