Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer History Timeline on Official Site

No idea when this was added, but finally the history of the Command & Conquer franchise is now shown on the Official C&C Site, in the form a new timeline. A few months ago when the current Official C&C Site was launched, all traces of the franchise's origins disappeared, so it's good to see something back. All of the past games and expansion packs are shown (minus Sole Survivor), dating all the way back to 1995.

Q0t75DF.png

Click here to see it for yourself.

Saw it a month or so ago, but I refused to post about it because it has a disgustingly small amount of info. And where are the files that lay hidden on EA's FTPs (na.llnet.cnc3tv.ea.com is inaccessible to public view except for select files like patches!!!!!!)?

I just looked at it now and flew over a few slides, so, why does the TS page have a alpha/beta screenshot instead of one of the finished game? This is just... ah, to hell with them. And ofcourse, sole survivor gets knocked out again.

I like how the screenshot for The Covert Ops shows the sandbag exploit.

Also, RA1 shows the US cover, while CS and AM show the European cover. It's also ridiculous how they depend on that documentary series by Machinima to tell the story of the games themselves.

Also, RA1 shows the US cover, while CS and AM show the European cover. It's also ridiculous how they depend on that documentary series by Machinima to tell the story of the games themselves.

Maybe you should Join Victory Games and correct them

Edited by Autobahn27

Hmm, about the documentary, I think it's a good thing to not waste money with something that has been already attended.

But I might agree with you that a new documentary would have been cool to watch.

Or, opening that link thinking that it would be a new doc, was a bit disappointing.

\edit

thanks for the heads up, Sonic.

Edited by Solo

Maybe you should Join Victory Games and correct them

A three-year-old that barely speaks could to that, let alone me.

Hmm, about the documentary, I think it's a good thing to not waste money with something that has been already attended.

Who said anything about making a new one? My point was that the barely describe the games and turn to a third party to do it for them, even though they have more resources at their disposal than all active and defunct fansites combined. Why they refuse to use those resources is beyond me. Where're the patches? Where're the tools? Where're the concepts?

I like how the screenshot for The Covert Ops shows the sandbag exploit.

rofl, yes. Though that mission is kinda notorious for its use.

Fun fact: the map shown on the screenshot used for C&C1 doesn't exist in any official releases, and the minimap in that screenshot is all wrong; it's from a GDI mission #15 screenshot.

[edit]

...they call C&C1 "Tiberium Dawn" in the Covert Ops description -_-

[edit again]

Why do they insist on using horribly old beta screenshots for everything? Seriously, look at those TS ones.

@ Nyerguds & Plokite_Wolf

Spot on. This just shows how little they care about things and/or how much classic C&C experience their people have. They probably don't even know what fails they've landed on posting those dated screenshots and so on.

• Upvote 1

Also, take another look at the Covert Ops screenshot. In its reflection, you can see the RA3 Uprising logo :facepalm:

Why do they insist on using horribly old beta screenshots for everything? Seriously, look at those TS ones.

Not to mention how RA2 got a 100% rehash since the screenshot they uploaded. Hell, we can see Corkscrew Transports and Mammoth Tanks, for crying out loud.

EDIT: That one was uploaded on the TUC site. Disregard that last bit.

[/nottalkingaboutthemainissue]