Sign in to follow this  
Alex06

Command & Conquer Closed Beta & Launch Dates Revealed

Earlier today, Tim Morten, the Development Director for the upcoming Command & Conquer live service and game, made an announcement on the game's official forums, revealing the official dates for the Closed Beta and Public Launch milestones, while also noting that after launch, the game will continue to be iterated upon and will evolve, as is the case with any other live service video game.

IxjPrLp.jpg

It’s been two months since the first public hands-on of Command & Conquer at Gamescom, and I know there are about 800,000 of you already lined up for the beta who are anxiously awaiting news!

We’ve been working hard to address alpha feedback, and I want to update you on our current targets:

Week of October 28th – Alpha update with Onslaught PvE mode, and loads of changes based on community feedback

Week of November 25th – Beginning of closed beta!

Week of February 24th – Launch

Many of you will start to receive codes in the weeks ahead – sincere thanks for your patience! This C&C is a live service, so there is no one version that will be final. It was difficult to decide the right moment to share our work, and there will always be some who want us to hold it longer, but I believe we will benefit from having your broader feedback in the beta.

The development team thanks you for your support so far, and looks forward to having you play C&C!

To read the complete topic and see the Development Director's responses, click this link.

Argh, that's all too early!

This C&C is a live service, so there is no one version that will be final.

This is why it will flop.

• Upvote 2

The closed beta may be nearing but I highly doubt 2/24/2014 will be open beta. The game's full of issues right now and a makeover is still needed other than just balance changes.

The closed beta may be nearing but I highly doubt 2/24/2014 will be open beta. The game's full of issues right now and a makeover is still needed other than just balance changes.

+100000000000000000000