Sign in to follow this  
AZ-Stalker

Looking for TS Images

I'm looking for any and all higher resolution Tiberian Sun era images (excluding mods), preferably larger than 1024x768 if any such pictures exist.

I need large clean pictures wheather it's concept art, menu graphics, loading screens or just atmospheric/thematic things like this for example. Please note that I haven't fully searched TS's .mix files for in-game resources, though I kind of doubt I'll find any larger pictures in there. I'm well aware of the fact that in that early part of C&C's era there were only small and medium sized images compared to today's high resolution standards. Any help with finding any kind of larger images would be greatly appreciated.

I have concept art/render collections for most C&C games and I use several sources to extract them from. While the CnC-Source gallery was still operational, I also managed to find remnants of some TibSun concept art in low quality and low resolutions, without a quality source or even a mention elsewhere in the community (except mirrors on EVA).

Here's what I have: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5owxa1nd09tjv73/TS_Concepts_PW_Collection.rar (don't worry, you don't need WinRAR 5 for this one ;) )

The pack, among other things, includes manual scans and recolours (mostly done by Nyerguds and the ever-absent Assassin[CS]), as well as behind-the-scenes footage (thumbnails are sometimes faulty negatives, the images themselves are okay) and some pre-release logo remakes by someone from PPM (can't remember who it was, sorry).

Sadly, much of the TS concept material the community has is not in the best possible shape. Remember, when the game was released, people didn't have access to fast flat-rate Internet connections as we do today, so resolution had to be sacrificed in favour of accessibility. There also aren't that many mirrors and not a single one is complete, as nobody expected Westwood to close and there wasn't a need for backups or libraries.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Hmm. I kinda collect that kind of stuff; I got a giant art dump of all TS stuff on my disk at home. I'll see if I can upload it.

I'm well aware of the fact that in that early part of C&C's era there were only small and medium sized images compared to today's high resolution standards. Any help with finding any kind of larger images would be greatly appreciated.

You'd be surprised. I got that titans pic in about 3000xsomething res, and the biggest version of the iconic image of the mammoth Mk II in the storm was 4000 pixels wide IIRC.

[edit]

Ah. Those are on Eric Gooch's page, of course :)

Heh, the Cybergooch page is an oldie but goldie. Though I've already had my run around the site in the past. I was hoping to find some Nod high(er) resolution stuff primarily, but I haven't had much luck recently.

@Plokite_Wolf, didn't you already send me that pack of yours? Unless you put some extra stuff in there, I think I got everything included.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

IIRC, I only gave you some things I found somewhat rare. This is my complete collection (updated my copy with some of Gooch's higher-res versions I didn't know about, so the RAR is now even outdated).

Edited by Plokite_Wolf