TacticalObjectiveIntroPopUp
TacticalObjectiveSatelliteView
TacticalObjectivesDialog
TacticalPauseDialog
TacticalPlayerPowerCommandButton
TacticalPlayerStatusDialog
VerticalScrollBar
YesNoDialog

The ones that require extraction from the Core C&C3 game (by using Bibber's C&C Asset Extractor) are:
AptIncludeProxy
AptLevel0
Background
Campaign (I need that)
CustomHotkeys (was provided in C&C3 A New Experience source code -- already gotten)
CustomHotkeys_HoverIndMain
GadgetColorPicker
GadgetFlashStage
GadgetInputShieldStage
GamecastRating
GlobalClasses
GuiTest
HUD
HUDReplayControlPanel
HUDTickerPanel
IntelDatabase (I need that)
LibHUD
LibProgressBar
LoadCustomMap (I need that)
MainMenuDemo
MainMenuSpectator (I need that)
MenuExport
MenuFrameAndBg
Options (was provided in C&C3 A New Experience source code -- already gotten)
PlayerVoting (I need that)
ProfileManager (I need that)
ProfileStats (I need that)
ReputationVoting
TowButtons
TowContentLoader
TransmissionLog (I need that)

The problem is that Bibber's C&C Asset Extractor can extract all AptUI files except apt INI/XML coding files for textures (used for placement coordinates based on ID number) and also "ru.o" geometry files. I am not sure where are they placed because then otherwise I cannot modify and re-compile them.

Also how can I open APT files? I remember there is a tool that can convert APT files into XML files and then revert it back to APT. Unfortunately the C&C3 tools I have right now that included the xml editor doesn't have the apt2xml and xml2apt executables working (because they are old and didn't work in Win7 and above).

One more thing, I cannot recall if there was a cumulative AptUI source code for C&C3.

Dunno what you mean, the one I downloaded years ago had all those apts in it.

Also why would you need MainMenuSpectator? That's just the MainMenu from the Battlecast Viewer.

Edited by Lauren
  • Upvote 1

The MainMenuSpectator has one of the textures that contain the half-earth globe probably supporting the ShellEarth.w3x file.

Dunno what you mean, the one I downloaded years ago had all those apts in it.

Where are they since I cannot recall a cumulative AptUI source code pack?

Edited by zocom7

Thanks a lot, Mighty Magenta. :thumbsup: I will mention that in the C&C3 Mod SDK FAQ soon.

Are there any way to get all of them for kw as well? When I extract a few of them they were broken (like for example I extract the online log in screen and it was extracted with a few random dots, after I changed what I wanted and try the file I saw that it showed the same dots/pixels in the log in screen and stopped all of the menu animations there (though that unrelated to it being broken I assume but will be glad to know how to solve it as well)

Jonwils apt2xml and xml2apt have some serious bugs as some structs are wrong. So unless no one fixes it (jonwil has released the source) there is no public tool that can really do it.

I am currently (the next days, minus work and stuff) adding file specifications specific to the SAGE Engine (including the Apt format) here.

Edited by Lauren
  • Upvote 1

I wish someone can redo Jonwil's apt2xml and xml2apt tools. The problem running those tools is that they don't even work for me because I am getting DLL errors, meaning they refuse to load because of that.

Edited by zocom7

Are the files downloadable? or it just file's specifications info?

P.S zocom7

Prodigy (The user not the unit) done many nice things with menu and seem to have alot of experince with menu editing and probably know what tools to use

he probably won't be able to help you manually (since he said that when he worked on them it was a nightmare) but you can at least try and ask him what tools he used and what his method to edit the menus, be ready for some hard work though

As for the xmls... well KW SDK seem to show them but it not really help in anything since it don't show their location, (unless you meant to something else)

Edited by Egozi44
  • Upvote 1

jonwils tools are at the moment the only tools available.

AptEd for the moment is on hold, but instead I am writing OpenSAGE and the functionality which I'm implementing right now is displaying Apt files. For testing purposes I will include a function to display a specific Apt.

• Upvote 1

I see, it may not mean much from me but thanks for your hard work

Btw where I can get jonwil's tools? I never tried to edit the menu's files with any other tool beside PS so I want to take a peek at these tools... may end up leaning how to use them

bibber updated his asset extractor a few month ago (around april/may), making it possible to extract all apt & geometry files.

i used jonwils tools to convert the apt files, and they're working well on win7 64-bit. due to some bugs with the tools it's not possible to edit every apt file.

i recommend waiting for Lauren's AptEd, it will be a lot easier to deal with that kind of stuff and there will be more possibilities in editing the UI.

I see you managed to recolor the whole menu. ;)

• Upvote 1

I want to add new UI screens for my new Factions, but want to keep the old GDI/NOD/Scrin UI's as well. How do I go about that, or am I safe to Copy/Paste/Make Version 2 like I did for the Tiberium Textures (LOL).