Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Horribly disappointed with downloading Jade Empire on Origin

After the latest Origin update I downloaded today, I had no problem downloading Need For Speed: Most Wanted that is On The House. When I click download, it instantly went to the window with options of making shortcuts before downloading, but not for Jade Empire.

It did try to download something for like around 40 mb and then the error pops up. It might have been some mandatory MS Dotnet Framework download or some other file that prevented the full game download, no other Origin game in my library has issues like this. Now Jade Empire was not a PC game at the time when Bioware developed and released it, rather than having a 3rd party developer to develop the PC version of it, and now Bioware promoted that PC game as a special edition.

According to the client log in the ProgramData of Origin, it's trying to download according to this link:

http://lvlt.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/s/p/eagames/bioware/jade_empire/JadeEmpire_OOA_RTP_08082014_V2.zip?nva=20160205194146&token=04001...0a017

(guess what's at the end of the log file I discovered, the download link is saying it has taken a timeout!!)

On the debug info:

Content ID: 1019681
Master Title ID: 54000
Offer ID: OFB-EAST:1000017
Version Available: 1.0.1.1
Install Check Registry Key: Missing key-[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BioWare\Jade Empire\Install Dir]

Now I have tried many options:

1) clearing the registry

2) hosts file is set to original

3) uninstalling/reinstalling Origin

4) clearing all Origin cache

5) disabled the ZoneAlarm firewall and/or Norton Internet Security

6) download in safe mode

7) run Origin as administrator

..... and none of them worked.

Even I asked EA for support help, I highly doubt I'll get to that resolution as I had already seeing some people still stuck to this issue. This link is what I am talking about: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/567205-can-not-download-jade-empire-via-origin

I am seriously so pissed off.

Edited by zocom7

Never was fan of digital stores : /

EA's in particular~

Hope you solve your issue :/

Do you even read the stuff you link/quote?

• Upvote 1

I am trying to get support from here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Cannot-download-Jade-Empire-due-to-download-error/m-p/5142904#M192168

But so far, the answer I may be looking for isn't there because none of the other steps I was given actually helped, unless I reset, uninstall/re-install some programs and Windows itself that conflict with Origin.

Edited by zocom7