Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Throwback Thursday for 11th February

oq9nKMV.jpg

Throwback Thursday this week goes back to Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight from 2010, and more specifically the not so epic conclusion to the Tiberium saga. It's clear that not much time was invested in crafting the storyline for Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight but surely they could have come up with something better than Kane stepping into a swirling purple Scrin portal and vanishing. This cheap and lame ending also left us with even more questions, who was Kane? Was he human? and sadly we will never get answers to these questions. This is just one of the disappointing parts of Tiberian Twilight.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

Well aside from what that westwood employee gave us few years ago (which sort of answered most questions)

Even without his info you can connect all games plot and reach to some conclusion yourself at the end of TT (different one though)

I was able to do so back then, that was before I knew what westwood originally planned for Kane

The TT story sure was lame but if you connect the dots we got some conclusion, I don't remeber what it was though xD

been almost 6 years since I played TT camp, but it had something to do with Kane being alien

Edited by Egozi44

Guest Stevie_K

While I totally see why many would like to see a proper conclusion, I for one don't mind a C&C game with an open ending. As long as the meat of the game is of high quality, I don't give much for grand story conclusions.

However cruel open endings can feel, it still makes people think, discuss and imagine how the story continues. I like that. Think about the countless discussions and ideas around this community throughout the years.

It would be a shame to mistake the ending for the biggest crime of that title though. The game and its mechanics had little to nothing to do with what makes a C&C game in the first place and it was a poor choice to kill the reputation of the franchise by forcing a poorly thought out product into the hands of an audience with very specific expectations.

Personal disappointment aside, the strongest positive is that the failures serve as valuable experience that could help in a revival of the series one day. :cnc:

I hope you right and EA learned a lesson...

But we can't be sure... companies are made from greedy humans after all, and we humans usually repeat our mistakes quite often, and humans with power tend to repeat their mistakes even more (and most companies did proved they don't really give a dam about us, EA's included), as long as we scream but keep paying them they more or less will keep decide what is good for Us rather than actually listen to us..

Edited by Egozi44

I have to admit, I allways believed that EA had plans for a better storyline that would explain some questions and that the story was cut down after the 2009 CommandCom to save money on a doomed product.

But I recently looked at Beta5 and its mission briefings and they seem to be the same as in the final.... So it seems I was wrong and they never had any plans to really answer anything as they are just as clueless as we about the backstory of Kane.

Edited by Stygs

What that westwood's employee said sort of connect some dots (and also explain some kane's easter eggs), while I know we most likely never discover what westwood really planned, I prefer to believe the employees info over EA's, I honestly have no clue why they couldn't just stick with westwood plans to begin with...

But anyway, his info made more sense about kane's true identity

Edited by Egozi44

Why EA? Why did you do this? And what happened to the scrin? I thought they were supposed to comeback.

C&c4 SP actually felt to me like TS SP (just you know... bad in terms of..well I leave it to your imagination ^^)

The units and buildings design moved back to be similar to TS, the deserted areas and mutants territories felt like I was back again in TS, even the scrin became just a myth (like what I felt in TS)

In other words they moved step back rather than forward, maybe they tried to bring TS's fans back

Edited by Egozi44