Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Throwback Thursday for 12th May

ngztHEP.jpg

Something that hasn't featured enough in our Throwback Thursday feature is content from C&C Generals. Well that changes today as we look back at the C&C Generals Combat Card game. A simple and free little game released by EA back in 2003. The idea of the game was to capture the opponent's units. This was accomplished by first choosing your faction, you would then pick one of the Firepower, Speed, Cost or Build time attributes on the card you were dealt. If you selected the Speed attribute and the opponent's Speed attribute was lower you would win that round. Capture all 12 to beat the opponent. Want to play this games yourself? Download it here. It requires no installation. Just download the file and run it.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

I wish someone out there made a similar version of this involving units from C&C3/KW, RA3 and C&C4. ;)

wow thats so nice and brings back so much memories with SuperAuto cards :)

I wish someone out there made a similar version of this involving units from C&C3/KW, RA3 and C&C4. ;)

i can do that "easily enough" as a software engineer i have done way more complicated softwares. well i may luck some animation skills but i will get it in a similar way and in a much higher resolution. the only "problem" is i need someone to help out extract all the unit data from the latest official versions and give them to me in a particular format i will ask them.

then some graphics of the units..... and i can have this done in few days :)

i do not know thought if there would be anyone interested.... :rolleyes:

with some extra work i can even write some netcode and do it play in multiplayer mode with another player, LAN or WAN (ok WAN will need even more work f the user has no idea how to open ports in his router and we will need to host a server....omg i am getting this toooooooo far away i think...... but still is possible). ^_^

p.s i would not do a CnC4 version thought sorry. hate that game :P

Edited by Johnnyxp64