Sign in to follow this  
Madin

Mine object weapon ideas?

CNCFS_Limpet_Drone_Concept_Art.jpg

I am looking to create a mine that works like the illustration strip on the left of the above image.

My idea is that the pod would be deployed in a similar manner to the Orca Sensor pod (only on to the ground, not attached to vehicles), and that once an enemy vehicle came into range it would attack as illustrated.

This would be a one-time-only attack that would also destroy the mine.

I am guessing that the mine behaviour is best used for the detection and initial weapon launch.

However I was wondering about how I would go about getting the projectile to launch into the air before delivering a top down attack.

Any ideas?

Make it a simple animation maybe?

Use a large preattack delay and play an animation that moves the firing bone upwards so it can fire down and then kill itself once it has fired.

Also set the moving part as turret so it turnt to the target.

Edited by Stygs

Just a projectile with a steep launch curve won't do?

You couldalways try somethig like:

You can give either a direction to a projectile or use a bezier with verry steep launch cruve for the step 3 projectile...then give it a height die update or a lifetimeupdate.,,,then a firewhendeadweapon with a fireonobject nugget. The downside if you use a fireon object nugget is that it will fire at any similar unit effected by its object filter. I would add a forbidden model condition to that weapon. ad that modelcondition to the basevehicle.xml. Remove that modelcondtion with a atttributenugget triggered by the initial mine detonate weapon or so. This way only the object "tagged"by the initial mine weaponcan be targeted by the fireonobject nugget. Still means more objects will be simultaniously targeted if several mines fire at once.

I might look into this over the couple of days..maybe.

Edited by Ravendark

The mine fires a missile like V4 in ra3 but bezier path is straight to sky, and the missile fire a son projectle to destination obj, with hidding the missile self by anim or set modelcondition, then the missile dies.

Just my junior opinion.