Sign in to follow this  
Plok

A developer's walkthrough of C&C2013

Tiberian Sun, really. I always had a certain appreciation for heavy bombardments blowing massive craters in the terrain. Obviously, the problem was TS had no way to undo the craters. Pushing around dirt to level terrain and build up simple earthworks is pretty standard in real life military bases, so I figured it needed to be a feature. Bridges will be able to be constructed relatively quickly though, so moats might not be worth the time investment unless you have enough defenses to hold the engineering teams back.

What way of terrain manipulation are you thinking of? Perhaps the one from Transport/RollerCoaster Tycoon where you can use a shovel tool over a designated area to raise/lower land as you see fit, but at a price for each tile?

Never played it, but that sounds about right.

This would genuinely be a good game. Go make it :D

It just came to me, like some revelation, that some people like base building and some don't, but none of the RTS games allows player to pass the base building to AI. Let's say you want to focus on micromanagement and leave macromanagement to AI. Choose on what AI should be focused (defence, resources, offence) and play how you want to. The only thing is, how AI would recognise the need of building defences or expansions in the late game. 

If you want an RTS where you don't have to build the base, you don't want an RTS, you want an RTT.

the Cutting Edge General from 2013 C&C are partially named after one of original Ghostbusters

6 hours ago, Masonicon said:

the Cutting Edge General from 2013 C&C are partially named after one of original Ghostbusters

No.

15 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

No.

actually, I'm talking about the real name of EU Cutting Edge General speaking of he's named after Ghostbuster

11 minutes ago, Masonicon said:

actually, I'm talking about the real name of EU Cutting Edge General speaking of he's named after Ghostbuster

I'm talking about you not knowing that "cutting edge" is a real term outside of the Ghostbusters.

14 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

I'm talking about you not knowing that "cutting edge" is a real term outside of the Ghostbusters.

the 'cutting edge' that I'm talking about here are just refers to EU General whose real name is named after Ghostbuster

Edited by Masonicon
spelling

How dense of you.

He's talking about the name - Egon Schuller.

Damn you're the dense one sometimes PW. Don't fall on your butt on the way down from your high horse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 16.09.2017 at 3:19 AM, Masonicon said:

the 'cutting edge' that I'm talking about here are just refers to EU General whose real name is named after Ghostbuster

Prove it? I have nothing against raising the argument about who's got a name after whom / what, but I'd like to see proof. 

• Downvote 1