Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Another Cancelled C&C Discovered: C&C Mobile

cncmobile2017.png

On 22nd May, South Korean fansite Red2.net uncovered a set of concept art by Michael Phillippi which was apparently part of a mobile Command & Conquer game. Considering how these images were uploaded to his ArtStation profile over a year ago, and how game developers always announce games before having their art uploaded and impose NDAs on their staff, it is safe to assume that this game was cancelled by the time of the upload. The game was apparently merely called Command & Conquer (sounds familiar?) and its logo used the design only ever seen in the original 2006 logo for Tiberium Wars.

We believe this art is legitimate, as proven by the rest of Phillippi's profile that shows his work on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the much-hated Dungeon Keeper Mobile, among other EA-published projects. Naturally, we've mirrored all of this art in our gallery for safe keeping.

UPDATE (30 May): Updated gallery with two environment concepts by another ex-Mythic employee, Eric Polak.

• Upvote 1

Well, the yellow blue robot in the header is clearly a redeemer while the soldiers next to it seem based on RA2 tesla troopers, so I guess it was made after KW.

The concepts on the bottom of the page look like Forgotten vehicles (using GDI parts like the slingshot cannons), so it might either be early ideas for a second TW addon or (more likely) it might have been an early idea that later lead to Tiberium Alliances.

Clipboard01.jpg

EDIT: One of the drawings has a TT Titan in the corner, so I guess they would have been made after TT.

Edited by Stygs

According to Phillippe's portfolio, the game was made by Mythic. The latest possible point of development was 2014.

On 29/05/2018 at 11:27 AM, Plokite_Wolf said:

cncmobile2017.png

On 22nd May, South Korean fansite Red2.net uncovered a set of concept art by Michael Phillippi which was apparently part of a mobile Command & Conquer game. Considering how these images were uploaded to his ArtStation profile over a year ago, and how game developers always announce games before having their art uploaded and impose NDAs on their staff, it is safe to assume that this game was cancelled by the time of the upload. The game was apparently merely called Command & Conquer (sounds familiar?) and its logo used the design only ever seen in the original 2006 logo for Tiberium Wars.

We believe this art is legitimate, as proven by the rest of Phillippi's profile that shows his work on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the much-hated Dungeon Keeper Mobile, among other EA-published projects. Naturally, we've mirrored all of this art in our gallery for safe keeping.

UPDATE (30 May): Updated gallery with two environment concepts by another ex-Mythic employee, Eric Polak.

really really.....shame.............! EA guys really don't know how to make games ..............

I never knew at the very beginning of C&C3's development EA wanted a C&C mobile game at that time when iPhone and Android smartphones barely got implemented!

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

at the very beginning of C&C3's development

Leave it to zocom to completely make up a time frame on no basis at all...

14 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Leave it to zocom to completely make up a time frame on no basis at all...

Ah, I found out it was around 2014. I doubt if EA is re-using canceled material from that for a new rumored (and unannounced) C&C mobile game this year.

On 31/05/2018 at 6:17 AM, PurpleGaga27 said:

I never knew at the very beginning of C&C3's development EA wanted a C&C mobile game at that time when iPhone and Android smartphones barely got implemented!

I doubt that. The first iPhone came out a couple of months after Tiberium Wars had already been released, and Android wasn't released until a year later or so.