maaz88

3dsmax2010 w3x exporter?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there is an exporter for w3x files in any later versions of 3dsmax after 7-9. I have 3dsmax2010, the w3x import works but there is no option to export to w3x. Also the import at times fails in 3dsmax 9 thats why I had to use a later version. All my modeling progress will be futile if max10 cant export :(

If there is any link please post. Or is there any other 3d modeling tool besides max which can export to w3x please guide?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, maaz88 said:

Does anyone know if there is an exporter for w3x files in any later versions of 3dsmax after 7-9

No.

W3D Hub is working on a W3D plugin for newer versions, but until then, 7-9 is all you can use.

10 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

No.

W3D Hub is working on a W3D plugin for newer versions, but until then, 7-9 is all you can use.

Only for W3D tho

That said the W3X plugin isn't all that different, should they open source it it would be possible to modify it for W3X

Edited by tomsons26

Or you write a tool that converts it from another format. The hard part is actually just to get the triangle strips right for efficient rendering, otherwise it's a simple conversion. Though if you export to fbx it should already calculate efficient strips, if it doesn't then that exporter sucks :P

There isn't one, unless someone makes one for 3dsmax 2010 and later versions. There are some people having trouble running old 3dsmax 7-9 on Windows 10, which isn't recommended.

I know someone who said he may modify the new W3D plugin when it be ready, 

let hope that really going to happen and that he will succeed

Edited by Egozi44

Since the last feature update max9sp2 runs pretty well on win10 actually.